SANDY — The first Latter-Day Expo offers a peek at a first edition of the Book of Mormon and some of the new Mormon-themed products that will be available later this year and in 2015.
Also at the Latter-Day Expo on Saturday, Aug. 9, will be musical artists and other speakers who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and, according to a news release, there will be screenings of soon-to-be released movies.
About 60 vendors will be at the expo, with products to sample or buy. The music artists include The Jets, Daniel Beck, Nashville Tribute Band vocalist Jason Deere, Cherie Call and Sam Payne, along with guests like Sistas in Zion bloggers Tamu Smith and Zandra Vranes; Garrett Batty, the writer/director of “The Saratov Approach”; and Hank Smith, a youth speaker and author.
The movie screenings include “Beyond the Farthest Star,” “The Saratov Approach” and “Wayward.”
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- New Harmony: Now pitching for the Angels:...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian... 5
- LDS missionaries meet London teen... 5