SANDY — The first Latter-Day Expo offers a peek at a first edition of the Book of Mormon and some of the new Mormon-themed products that will be available later this year and in 2015.
Also at the Latter-Day Expo on Saturday, Aug. 9, will be musical artists and other speakers who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and, according to a news release, there will be screenings of soon-to-be released movies.
About 60 vendors will be at the expo, with products to sample or buy. The music artists include The Jets, Daniel Beck, Nashville Tribute Band vocalist Jason Deere, Cherie Call and Sam Payne, along with guests like Sistas in Zion bloggers Tamu Smith and Zandra Vranes; Garrett Batty, the writer/director of “The Saratov Approach”; and Hank Smith, a youth speaker and author.
The movie screenings include “Beyond the Farthest Star,” “The Saratov Approach” and “Wayward.”
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Mormon couple celebrates 81st wedding...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 40
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 38
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- New friends plan to work together to... 35
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- Is saying the Pledge of Allegiance... 14
- For his brothers: American Fork family... 11