August events at the LDS Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center
Deseret News archives
KENSINGTON, Maryland — Events at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in August include musical performances and firesides.
On Sunday, Aug. 3, at 7 p.m., Dave Checketts, who has had a career in professional sports management, will present on “We Seek After These Things.” Checketts is currently the president of the Yorktown New York Stake.
On Sunday, Aug. 10, at 7 p.m. is “Walk in the Light,” a Night of Music and Inspiration featuring the missionaries of the Washington, D.C., North Mission.
On Sunday, Aug. 17, will be a “Why I Believe” fireside with a guest speaker and testimonies from new members of the LDS Church.
The visitors center is at 9900 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington, Maryland, and all events are free and open to the public.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Faith, Family and...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 96
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 52
- LDS university president receives... 18
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 16
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 6
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 5