August events at the LDS Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center
Deseret News archives
KENSINGTON, Maryland — Events at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in August include musical performances and firesides.
On Sunday, Aug. 3, at 7 p.m., Dave Checketts, who has had a career in professional sports management, will present on “We Seek After These Things.” Checketts is currently the president of the Yorktown New York Stake.
On Sunday, Aug. 10, at 7 p.m. is “Walk in the Light,” a Night of Music and Inspiration featuring the missionaries of the Washington, D.C., North Mission.
On Sunday, Aug. 17, will be a “Why I Believe” fireside with a guest speaker and testimonies from new members of the LDS Church.
The visitors center is at 9900 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington, Maryland, and all events are free and open to the public.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 103
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 19
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford... 9