August events at the LDS Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center
Deseret News archives
KENSINGTON, Maryland — Events at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in August include musical performances and firesides.
On Sunday, Aug. 3, at 7 p.m., Dave Checketts, who has had a career in professional sports management, will present on “We Seek After These Things.” Checketts is currently the president of the Yorktown New York Stake.
On Sunday, Aug. 10, at 7 p.m. is “Walk in the Light,” a Night of Music and Inspiration featuring the missionaries of the Washington, D.C., North Mission.
On Sunday, Aug. 17, will be a “Why I Believe” fireside with a guest speaker and testimonies from new members of the LDS Church.
The visitors center is at 9900 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington, Maryland, and all events are free and open to the public.
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 79
- Are church youth dances outdated? 63
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 56
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 38
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Okla. attorney general wants private... 13
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents 10
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the... 10