August events at the LDS Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center
Deseret News archives
KENSINGTON, Maryland — Events at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in August include musical performances and firesides.
On Sunday, Aug. 3, at 7 p.m., Dave Checketts, who has had a career in professional sports management, will present on “We Seek After These Things.” Checketts is currently the president of the Yorktown New York Stake.
On Sunday, Aug. 10, at 7 p.m. is “Walk in the Light,” a Night of Music and Inspiration featuring the missionaries of the Washington, D.C., North Mission.
On Sunday, Aug. 17, will be a “Why I Believe” fireside with a guest speaker and testimonies from new members of the LDS Church.
The visitors center is at 9900 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington, Maryland, and all events are free and open to the public.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 5
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 4
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4