Einstein is regarded as one of the smartest men of all time, but his background isn't entirely clean, as a Feel Guide article pointed out in 2011. Einstein’s parents were always worried about his development. Apparently, he had developed some odd tendencies, like pronouncing words to himself silently before saying them to an audience and learning to speak more slowly than others his age.
“His slow development was combined with a cheeky rebelliousness toward authority, which led one schoolmaster to send him packing and another to declare that he would never amount to much,” according to Feel Guide.
Wahlberg’s tough-guy persona commonly seen on the screen may be based off a true story. Not only was he a drug addict, but he was also physically violent to many of the people he interacted with, according to Daily Mail. But now, he wants to give the childhood he never had to his kids.
“I think the most important thing is to always be involved in every aspect of their life,” he said, according to Daily Mail. “To give them enough trust that they can share things with you.”
Drew Barrymore started her career off on the right foot by being a hit actress in “E.T.: The Extraterrestrial.” But she struggled in her teenage years, going to night clubs and arguing with her mother, according to her online biography.
“At 13, an enraged Barrymore became violent when she was unable to throw her mother out of the house,” the biography noted.
Few others have spoken as openly about their troubled lifestyle as Eminem. Just read his biography, or listen to his songs. He grew up in a trailer home, battled domestic violence as a youngster and in his own relationships, and felt bullied among his peers. But Eminem has risen above that and become the best-selling artist of the decade.
Allen Iverson’s childhood might have been as mean as his crossover. The Washington Post profiled Iverson back in 1996, showing how the eventual NBA star grew up in a single-parent environment and struggled to stay away from trouble.
“My mom struggled,” Iverson said, according to The Post. “My dad struggled. Everybody in my family struggled. It was nothing new, the lights being cut off or anything. I mean, it was something I had been dealing with my whole life."
Iverson did go on to get picked at the top spot in the NBA, and though he did get into trouble again as an NBA star, Iverson still overcame adversity and found success.
You may also be interested in this story:
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- The 20 best family-friendly movies of 2014
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- The Clean Cut: Secret Santa hands out...
- 5 things that are changed (or added) in...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Did Disney succeed in creating a...
- 'Into the Woods' is campy, dark, more adult...
- 4 in 10 new marriages are multiracial... 6
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man... 6
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 5
- Did Disney succeed in creating a... 3
- The 37 most charitable celebrities 1
- Education reform efforts need to focus... 1
- What can 'Annie' and 'The Lego Movie'... 1
- Marriage questions on the U.S. Census... 1