Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SANDY — A 20-year-old man was transported by helicopter to a local hospital after he fell about 45 feet off the lower falls into water in Bells Canyon about 6 p.m. Saturday.
The man, who was conscious and talking, was in fair condition during the transport by medical helicopter, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
The man may have suffered head injuries. He had cuts to his chin and head, indicating he may have struck something during the fall or sustained injury when hitting the water, Richardson said.
Rescue crews hiked about 1 ½ miles to the man. He was lifted out of the canyon in a basket hoisted to a medical helicopter about 7:30 p.m.
— Marjorie Cortez
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26