Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SANDY — A 20-year-old man was transported by helicopter to a local hospital after he fell about 45 feet off the lower falls into water in Bells Canyon about 6 p.m. Saturday.
The man, who was conscious and talking, was in fair condition during the transport by medical helicopter, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
The man may have suffered head injuries. He had cuts to his chin and head, indicating he may have struck something during the fall or sustained injury when hitting the water, Richardson said.
Rescue crews hiked about 1 ½ miles to the man. He was lifted out of the canyon in a basket hoisted to a medical helicopter about 7:30 p.m.
— Marjorie Cortez
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13