Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SANDY — A 20-year-old man was transported by helicopter to a local hospital after he fell about 45 feet off the lower falls into water in Bells Canyon about 6 p.m. Saturday.
The man, who was conscious and talking, was in fair condition during the transport by medical helicopter, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
The man may have suffered head injuries. He had cuts to his chin and head, indicating he may have struck something during the fall or sustained injury when hitting the water, Richardson said.
Rescue crews hiked about 1 ½ miles to the man. He was lifted out of the canyon in a basket hoisted to a medical helicopter about 7:30 p.m.
— Marjorie Cortez
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14