Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SANDY — A 20-year-old man was transported by helicopter to a local hospital after he fell about 45 feet off the lower falls into water in Bells Canyon about 6 p.m. Saturday.
The man, who was conscious and talking, was in fair condition during the transport by medical helicopter, said Unified police detective Jared Richardson.
The man may have suffered head injuries. He had cuts to his chin and head, indicating he may have struck something during the fall or sustained injury when hitting the water, Richardson said.
Rescue crews hiked about 1 ½ miles to the man. He was lifted out of the canyon in a basket hoisted to a medical helicopter about 7:30 p.m.
— Marjorie Cortez
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15