I have solar panels on my roof and for April, May and June this year I have supplied my excess of electricity to Rocky Mountain Power for them to sell to other customers. In addition, I have paid $7.97 monthly to Rocky Mountain for the privilege of being hooked to their grid, even though I have been a net generator of electricity during the peak demand period of the day and have a net negative usage.
But according to Rocky Mountain Power, this isn’t enough. They want more. I know that more would be unfair. Don’t approve the rate increase. If a rate increase on solar users were approved, then it would only be fair for Rocky Mountain to start paying those of us who generate electricity for that electricity that they resell.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 66
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23