These two books focus on a different aspects of missionary work.
“Called to Serve” gives a peek into missionaries’ lives through their photos, whether they serves stateside or in a far-flung corner of the globe.
Mike Winder has gathered and compiled photos from missionaries to share different aspects of missionary work for The Church of Jesus of Latter-day Saints that are the same yet different, as each area is unique.
It’s divided into a dozen different sections, including “I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go,” with missionaries in scenic and iconic area shots, and “And They Did Eat,” with a variety of food, to “I Love To See the Temple,” with missionaries at temples, and “How Great Shall Be Your Joy,” which showcases a variety of places missionaries baptize, whether in a temporary font in South Africa, a beach in Nicaragua or a lake in Scotland or hauling water to fill a font in Brazil.
Each photo identifies the missionary and the mission, making it easy to see these are snapshots from missions around the world. Winder also includes a shot of him on his mission to Taiwan.
This compilation includes 100 scripture verses from the Bible — both Old and New testaments — Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price with a focus on missionary work.
With each scripture in “100 Favorite Verses for Missionaries,” Shauna Humphreys includes a short explanation and additional quotes from general authorities or other scriptures.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 173
- Why I don’t call myself a... 95
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 23
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 15
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 13