These two books focus on a different aspects of missionary work.
“Called to Serve” gives a peek into missionaries’ lives through their photos, whether they serves stateside or in a far-flung corner of the globe.
Mike Winder has gathered and compiled photos from missionaries to share different aspects of missionary work for The Church of Jesus of Latter-day Saints that are the same yet different, as each area is unique.
It’s divided into a dozen different sections, including “I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go,” with missionaries in scenic and iconic area shots, and “And They Did Eat,” with a variety of food, to “I Love To See the Temple,” with missionaries at temples, and “How Great Shall Be Your Joy,” which showcases a variety of places missionaries baptize, whether in a temporary font in South Africa, a beach in Nicaragua or a lake in Scotland or hauling water to fill a font in Brazil.
Each photo identifies the missionary and the mission, making it easy to see these are snapshots from missions around the world. Winder also includes a shot of him on his mission to Taiwan.
This compilation includes 100 scripture verses from the Bible — both Old and New testaments — Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price with a focus on missionary work.
With each scripture in “100 Favorite Verses for Missionaries,” Shauna Humphreys includes a short explanation and additional quotes from general authorities or other scriptures.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- First Presidency sends letter with counsel...
- What the LDS Church said about the Supreme...
- Nate Sharp: 'Miraculous events' led to...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Tabernacle Choir performs in the rain near...
- LDStorymakers conference draws editors and...
- Memorable sermons from LDS leaders in fewer...
- What the LDS Church said about the... 179
- When Satan steals your motherhood 71
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 59
- First Presidency sends letter with... 56
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Where were the Twelve Apostles when... 34
- LDS Church leaders release letter about... 17