Ravell Call, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — Some facilities and areas within Red Cliffs Recreation Area will close beginning Monday through late November for scheduled maintenance.
Heavy equipment will be in operation throughout the Red Cliffs campground, day-use area, and the White Reef trailhead. These areas will remain closed until all maintenance and construction work is completed.
Vehicle and pedestrian bridges will be constructed over Quail Creek, and crews will work on expanding paved parking and adding a handicapped accessible picnic area.
The following non-motorized trails east of Quail Creek and north of the White Reef trailhead will remain open during construction and maintenance: Adams Trail (east of Quail Creek), Adit Trail, Anasazi Trail (between Mano Trail and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site), Cordura Trail, Grubstake Trail, Leeds Reef Trail, Mano Trail, McMullin Trail, Metate Trail, Red Reef East Trail (between Mano trail and north NCA boundary), Tipple Trail and White Reef Trail.
Public sites that will close are: "They Came to Cordura" Movie Set Site; Willard G. McMullin Home, Harrisburg; and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site.
Interstate Rock Products, based out of Hurricane, was selected to complete the project work.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12