Ravell Call, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — Some facilities and areas within Red Cliffs Recreation Area will close beginning Monday through late November for scheduled maintenance.
Heavy equipment will be in operation throughout the Red Cliffs campground, day-use area, and the White Reef trailhead. These areas will remain closed until all maintenance and construction work is completed.
Vehicle and pedestrian bridges will be constructed over Quail Creek, and crews will work on expanding paved parking and adding a handicapped accessible picnic area.
The following non-motorized trails east of Quail Creek and north of the White Reef trailhead will remain open during construction and maintenance: Adams Trail (east of Quail Creek), Adit Trail, Anasazi Trail (between Mano Trail and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site), Cordura Trail, Grubstake Trail, Leeds Reef Trail, Mano Trail, McMullin Trail, Metate Trail, Red Reef East Trail (between Mano trail and north NCA boundary), Tipple Trail and White Reef Trail.
Public sites that will close are: "They Came to Cordura" Movie Set Site; Willard G. McMullin Home, Harrisburg; and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site.
Interstate Rock Products, based out of Hurricane, was selected to complete the project work.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15