Ravell Call, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — Some facilities and areas within Red Cliffs Recreation Area will close beginning Monday through late November for scheduled maintenance.
Heavy equipment will be in operation throughout the Red Cliffs campground, day-use area, and the White Reef trailhead. These areas will remain closed until all maintenance and construction work is completed.
Vehicle and pedestrian bridges will be constructed over Quail Creek, and crews will work on expanding paved parking and adding a handicapped accessible picnic area.
The following non-motorized trails east of Quail Creek and north of the White Reef trailhead will remain open during construction and maintenance: Adams Trail (east of Quail Creek), Adit Trail, Anasazi Trail (between Mano Trail and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site), Cordura Trail, Grubstake Trail, Leeds Reef Trail, Mano Trail, McMullin Trail, Metate Trail, Red Reef East Trail (between Mano trail and north NCA boundary), Tipple Trail and White Reef Trail.
Public sites that will close are: "They Came to Cordura" Movie Set Site; Willard G. McMullin Home, Harrisburg; and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site.
Interstate Rock Products, based out of Hurricane, was selected to complete the project work.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15