Ravell Call, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — Some facilities and areas within Red Cliffs Recreation Area will close beginning Monday through late November for scheduled maintenance.
Heavy equipment will be in operation throughout the Red Cliffs campground, day-use area, and the White Reef trailhead. These areas will remain closed until all maintenance and construction work is completed.
Vehicle and pedestrian bridges will be constructed over Quail Creek, and crews will work on expanding paved parking and adding a handicapped accessible picnic area.
The following non-motorized trails east of Quail Creek and north of the White Reef trailhead will remain open during construction and maintenance: Adams Trail (east of Quail Creek), Adit Trail, Anasazi Trail (between Mano Trail and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site), Cordura Trail, Grubstake Trail, Leeds Reef Trail, Mano Trail, McMullin Trail, Metate Trail, Red Reef East Trail (between Mano trail and north NCA boundary), Tipple Trail and White Reef Trail.
Public sites that will close are: "They Came to Cordura" Movie Set Site; Willard G. McMullin Home, Harrisburg; and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site.
Interstate Rock Products, based out of Hurricane, was selected to complete the project work.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 11