Ravell Call, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — Some facilities and areas within Red Cliffs Recreation Area will close beginning Monday through late November for scheduled maintenance.
Heavy equipment will be in operation throughout the Red Cliffs campground, day-use area, and the White Reef trailhead. These areas will remain closed until all maintenance and construction work is completed.
Vehicle and pedestrian bridges will be constructed over Quail Creek, and crews will work on expanding paved parking and adding a handicapped accessible picnic area.
The following non-motorized trails east of Quail Creek and north of the White Reef trailhead will remain open during construction and maintenance: Adams Trail (east of Quail Creek), Adit Trail, Anasazi Trail (between Mano Trail and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site), Cordura Trail, Grubstake Trail, Leeds Reef Trail, Mano Trail, McMullin Trail, Metate Trail, Red Reef East Trail (between Mano trail and north NCA boundary), Tipple Trail and White Reef Trail.
Public sites that will close are: "They Came to Cordura" Movie Set Site; Willard G. McMullin Home, Harrisburg; and Red Cliffs Archaeological Site.
Interstate Rock Products, based out of Hurricane, was selected to complete the project work.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 28
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 22