FARMINGTON — Three cities and a mosquito abatement district in Davis County have proposed property tax increases. Each entity will host a public hearing for residents.
The proposed increases, for residential and commercial properties, are based on the countywide average value of $239,000.
Clinton has proposed increases from $236.21 to $328.23 for residential properties, and $429.48 to $598.78 for commercial properties. A public hearing will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, at 2267 N. 1500 West. Call 801-614-0700 for more information.
Kaysville's proposed increases rise from $120.27 to $240.02 for residential properties and from $218.68 to $436.41 for commercial. A public hearing will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, at 23 N. Center. Call 801-546-1235 for more information.
West Point residential taxes would go from $130.92 to $146.04, and commercial taxes would rise from $238.04 to $265.52. A public hearing will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 3200 W. 300 North. Call 801-776-0970 for more information.
The Davis Mosquito Abatement District would hike taxes from $12.61 to $16.29 for residential properties and from $22.94 to $29.63 for commercial properties. A public hearing will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14, at 85 N. 600 West. Call 801-544-3736 for more information.
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- How to fight the prom price war
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open, adapt...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Crowdfunding: Where social media meets...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Dave Ramsey says: Personal finance is all...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- More Americans spending at least half... 7
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers... 4
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1