The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases 'Danny Boy' music video for 'Saints and Soldiers' film
Singer and actor Alex Boye released a new music video Friday morning promoting the film "Saints and Soldiers: The Void."
Boye, who plays the role of Perry in the film, performs an Africanized version of the Irish tune "Danny Boy" in his latest music video. Boye explained in the video description that the song "Danny Boy" is sung in the film, and a director suggested Boye create his own version as a music video.
"Those who know me well will know I jump at a chance to put an African twist on any song!" Boye wrote in the video description.
"I did feel at first that doing this version would be a little out of place as the movie is set in WWII, but because I play an African-American soldier in the movie, I felt it would (be) a nice nod to his African roots, and those of the other black soldiers in the movie."
"Saints and Soldiers: The Void," the third film in the Saints and Soldiers series, will be released in theaters on Friday, Aug. 15.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family-friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- West Jordan boy loses battle with leukemia,...
- David Archuleta and Lexi Walker sing 'A Whole...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Halloween costumes for...
- When parents are desensitized, what does that...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 21
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 12
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 6
- Should the rich give candy to the poor... 4
- Motherhood Matters: Do you love... 4