Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
TAYLORSVILLE — Police were investigating an officer-involved shooting Friday morning.
Officers were called to a home near 5514 S. Ridgecrest Drive (3400 West) after shots were fired behind the residence but wounded no one, according to Salt Lake County Sheriff James Winder.
When officers arrived, 31-year-old Jared Roskelley exited the home and got into a verbal altercation with police. Roskelley brandished a firearm and gunfire was exchanged, Winder said.
Roskelley was shot at least once by police, and the officers, who were not harmed, gave him immediate medical attention, the sheriff said. Roskelley was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in serious condition.
An investigation into the incident was underway Friday. Police said they had been to the residence before, and Roskelley has a history with police.
"There is a history at the home here," Winder said. "We're trying to sort out the volume of that and how it plays into this incident."
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah to appeal polygamy ruling in... 13