Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
TAYLORSVILLE — Police were investigating an officer-involved shooting Friday morning.
Officers were called to a home near 5514 S. Ridgecrest Drive (3400 West) after shots were fired behind the residence but wounded no one, according to Salt Lake County Sheriff James Winder.
When officers arrived, 31-year-old Jared Roskelley exited the home and got into a verbal altercation with police. Roskelley brandished a firearm and gunfire was exchanged, Winder said.
Roskelley was shot at least once by police, and the officers, who were not harmed, gave him immediate medical attention, the sheriff said. Roskelley was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in serious condition.
An investigation into the incident was underway Friday. Police said they had been to the residence before, and Roskelley has a history with police.
"There is a history at the home here," Winder said. "We're trying to sort out the volume of that and how it plays into this incident."
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Audit reveals flawed projections on Utah's...
- Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari hopeful for...
- Provo police offering reward for information...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Fire destroys Heber City home, kills animals
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 94
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 39
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 19
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Audit reveals flawed projections on... 12
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10