Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
TAYLORSVILLE — Police were investigating an officer-involved shooting Friday morning.
Officers were called to a home near 5514 S. Ridgecrest Drive (3400 West) after shots were fired behind the residence but wounded no one, according to Salt Lake County Sheriff James Winder.
When officers arrived, 31-year-old Jared Roskelley exited the home and got into a verbal altercation with police. Roskelley brandished a firearm and gunfire was exchanged, Winder said.
Roskelley was shot at least once by police, and the officers, who were not harmed, gave him immediate medical attention, the sheriff said. Roskelley was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in serious condition.
An investigation into the incident was underway Friday. Police said they had been to the residence before, and Roskelley has a history with police.
"There is a history at the home here," Winder said. "We're trying to sort out the volume of that and how it plays into this incident."
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15