Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
TAYLORSVILLE — Police were investigating an officer-involved shooting Friday morning.
Officers were called to a home near 5514 S. Ridgecrest Drive (3400 West) after shots were fired behind the residence but wounded no one, according to Salt Lake County Sheriff James Winder.
When officers arrived, 31-year-old Jared Roskelley exited the home and got into a verbal altercation with police. Roskelley brandished a firearm and gunfire was exchanged, Winder said.
Roskelley was shot at least once by police, and the officers, who were not harmed, gave him immediate medical attention, the sheriff said. Roskelley was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in serious condition.
An investigation into the incident was underway Friday. Police said they had been to the residence before, and Roskelley has a history with police.
"There is a history at the home here," Winder said. "We're trying to sort out the volume of that and how it plays into this incident."
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Sandy man gets prison time in $1.5 million...
- New Salt Lake fire chief caught in political...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Police say man persuaded Provo High boys to...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 37
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12