Hundreds of thousands of members and Church leaders use the LDS Tools mobile app every month to contact members, access their events calendars and view membership reports in their wards and stakes. It is an invaluable tool designed to help hasten the work by providing members and leaders with information on the go (without requiring an Internet connection) that will assist them in ministering to members of their wards and stakes.
The Church recently released a major update for the LDS Tools mobile app, incorporating a variety of requests based on member feedback. This release provides new features for both iOS and Android mobile devices. “These new features will significantly assist members in locating meetinghouses and keeping their contact information current on their ward and stake directories,” said Justin Krebs, LDS Tools product manager.
A new “Meetinghouses” menu item has been added, which allows members to locate Church meetinghouses worldwide. The meetinghouse information provided includes the wards and branches that meet in the building, the start times and sacrament meeting times. Members can also find out the name and phone number of the bishop or branch president for the ward or branch.
Another new feature allows members and authorized leaders to update phone numbers, email addresses and privacy settings (personal information available to other members in the ward and stake) for themselves and members of their household on the ward and stake directory.
Members can also create personalized contact lists of members in their ward and stake to send texts or email messages to for easy group communication. The addresses of the members on a contact list can also be displayed on a map. These lists are backed up and are available when members sign in to LDS Tools with their LDS Account on iOS or Android devices.
LDS Tools is available in 10 languages (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish) for iOS and Android.
Church members are encouraged to upgrade to this latest app version to take advantage of these new features. Links to the app stores where LDS Tools can be downloaded are provided on the LDS.org support page: lds.org/lds-tools.
After downloading the new update, members are encouraged to update the photos, contact information and privacy settings for themselves and the members of their household. In addition, members can help with this latest update launch in two ways:
1. After using the app, members are encouraged to rate it in the app store and provide a short review about what they experienced. Feedback is highly appreciated and can be provided from the feedback link within the app.
2. Members are encouraged to discuss the new update on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
- Sesame Street Muppets, Santino Fontana to...
- Visitors tour Phoenix temple during public...
- Death notices
- Elder David Rodger Stone passes away
- 'My dear sister': Joseph F. Smith's letters...
- 'Become the message': Elder Perry speaks at...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- 'Meet the Mormons' is launched at 300 theaters