6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to children with cancer
Charlie Tillotson had long blonde hair and had high hopes that one day it might be as long as Rapunzel's hair.
But that changed when the 6-year-old from England watched a television program about children with cancer and realized there are some children who don't have the chance to grow their hair out like her. So she decided to do something about it.
“She came up to me a couple of weeks later and said, ‘Daddy, would you mind if I had all my hair cut off for children with cancer?’" Steve Tillotson told the local paper Sidmouth Herald.
But Charlie didn't stop there. She wanted to spread the message and raise at least £600 (about $1,000) for the organization Children with Cancer. Charlie made a YouTube video, and Tillotson created a fundraising account on justgiving.com.
Many online have been inspired by Charlie and have given generous donations to her fundraiser, which has earned more than 230 percent of the family's orignal goal.
Mel Ortega wrote online, "Wow. What a beautiful gesture, Charlie! My little girl had a wig that was made from beautiful hair just like yours. Her name was Mia and her wig made her very happy. She was bald from chemotherapy. Mia is now an angel in heaven, and you're an angel here on earth. You are very beautiful, Charlie, and your heart is very big. Hugs, little one."
Charlie cut her hair on July 14 and donated it to the Little Princess Trust where it will be used to make a wig for a child in the U.K. with cancer.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds, high...
- Al Fox, James the Mormon discuss Thanksgiving...
- The Clean Cut: Jimmy Kimmel presents new Star...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- Alternate reality of 'The Good Dinosaur' is...
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- The Clean Cut: 7-year-old sings Australian...
- Prehistoric lessons: What children can learn...
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Where Wyatt Earp walks the streets:... 4
- Brooding 'Mockingjay — Part 2'... 3
- 5 tips for digitizing photos 3
- Motherhood Matters: Making it through... 1
- ‘Miracle baby’ born on... 1
- 6 things to help you cope with the end... 1
- Lexi Walker performs arrangement of... 1