Westminster volleyball: Griffins picked sixth in poll of coaches
The Westminster women’s volleyball team was picked to finish sixth in the Frontier Conference preseason poll of coaches, the league office announced Wednesday. The Griffins received 22 points in the poll of the eight conference coaches.
Westminster returns just four players from the 2013 squad that finished 17-14 overall and reached the semifinals of the Frontier Conference Tournament.
First place was worth seven points, second place six points, third place five points and so on. Coaches were not allowed to vote for their own teams.
Rocky Mountain was picked to top the conference, garnering six of eight possible first-place votes and 48 points overall. Lewis-Clark State was second, followed by Carroll College, which earned 34 points.
Montana Tech and MSU-Northern each received a first-place vote and tied for fourth with 27 total points. Westminster, Great Falls (17) and Montana Western (9) rounded out the poll.
The Griffins begin the 2014 season on Aug. 21, with matches against Walla Walla and Eastern Oregon at the Sports Travel Northwest Invitational.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 113
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 62
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 45
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33