Westminster volleyball: Griffins picked sixth in poll of coaches
The Westminster women’s volleyball team was picked to finish sixth in the Frontier Conference preseason poll of coaches, the league office announced Wednesday. The Griffins received 22 points in the poll of the eight conference coaches.
Westminster returns just four players from the 2013 squad that finished 17-14 overall and reached the semifinals of the Frontier Conference Tournament.
First place was worth seven points, second place six points, third place five points and so on. Coaches were not allowed to vote for their own teams.
Rocky Mountain was picked to top the conference, garnering six of eight possible first-place votes and 48 points overall. Lewis-Clark State was second, followed by Carroll College, which earned 34 points.
Montana Tech and MSU-Northern each received a first-place vote and tied for fourth with 27 total points. Westminster, Great Falls (17) and Montana Western (9) rounded out the poll.
The Griffins begin the 2014 season on Aug. 21, with matches against Walla Walla and Eastern Oregon at the Sports Travel Northwest Invitational.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16