Tips for living: Author provides a guide to 'Choosing Your Eternal Companion'
Robert K. McIntosh's book "Choosing Your Eternal Companion: Decode the Dating Game Using the Family Proclamation " (Cedar Fort, $14.99) offers tips for navigating meeting and dating philosophies using points from the LDS Church's "The Family: A Proclamation to the World."
"The Family: A Proclamation to the World" was released by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1995 and is referred to often as a guide to strengthening the family.
McIntosh takes it even further and uses it to instruct readers on how to choose their eternal companion and even strengthen the marriage they may already have. He goes through "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" paragraph by paragraph and breaks it down into helpful tips that relate to the relationship of marriage. Here are some of them:
1. The first key to using "The Family" is to study and understand it, he writes.
2. Understand that there is a plan for everyone.
3. Become the right person before you expect to meet the right person.
4. One of the most important qualities to bring to a marriage is self-worth, McIntosh writes.
5. In following "The Family: A Proclamation to the World," the desire to marry in the temple needs to be stronger than the desire to simply get married, McIntosh writes.
6. McIntosh admonishes the reader to know the difference between lust and love; it will make or break a marriage.
7. McIntosh uses "The Family" to prove that a successful marriage requires Christ-like love, commitment, becoming equal partners and building a life based on following the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Each chapter includes questions for reflection to apply the teachings to the reader's own life. McIntosh also includes an appendix at the end with seven suggestions of his own on how to choose an eternal companion, as well as worksheets and questionnaires to personalize the learning experience.
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Shared LDS faith strengthens bond between 2...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- RootsTech presenter shares tips for using...
- Religious freedom essential for free,...
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Sports presenter joins British news show with...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 29
- Taylor Halverson: Finding the first use... 20
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 14
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 13
- Wheaton provost apologizes to Larycia... 11
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- LDS missionary department leader: Zika... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8