Logan man to stand trial for allegedly chaining child to bed
LOGAN — A Logan man accused of chaining his 6-year-old son to a bed while he was at work has been ordered to stand trial on the charges against him.
Sammie Hodges, 29, was bound over on four counts of child abuse, a class A misdemeanor, following a hearing on the evidence against him before 1st District Judge Thomas Willmore on Tuesday, according to court records.
Police went to Hodges' home at 825 N. 1400 East on June 10 after receiving an anonymous tip. Officers said they found the boy chained by his ankle to the bed frame while his father, Hodges, was at work. The boy's chain was long enough to reach the bathroom and some food, according to police.
The child was placed in the care of the Utah Division of Child and Family Services. Investigators said he was physically healthy.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7