Bingham High opens at No. 23 in the nation on USA Today High School poll
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Bingham High School opens at No. 23 in the USA Today Super 25 Expert Rankings released Tuesday. The poll ranks the top high school football programs in nation.
The writers note the return of quarterback Kyle Gearig, who combined for 2,606 total yards and 41 touchdowns through the ground and air last season, is a big boost for the Miners.
"The Miners should be solid again on defense, with six defensive starters returning," USA Today also wrote.
Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas opens the 2014 season with the top ranking. St. John Bosco High School (Bellflower, California), St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida), Allen High School (Allen, Texas) and Centreville High School (Clifton, Virginia) round out the top five.
The Miners will open their 2014 campaign at Davis High School on Aug. 22.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32