BYU golf: three Cougar golfers garner academic All-America accolades
Stephen Archibald, Jordan Hammer and Jordan Rodgers are among the 208 Division I men’s golf players named All-America Scholars by Cleveland Golf/Srixon, announced by the Golf Coaches Association of America.
To be eligible for Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar status, an individual must be a junior or senior academically, compete in at least three full years at the collegiate level, participate in 50 percent of his team’s competitive rounds, have a stroke average under 76.0 and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2. A recipient must also be of high moral character and be in good standing at his college or university.
Archibald, a junior majoring in finance, carried a 3.72 GPA this past season, while Hammer, who is also studying finance, maintained a 3.39 GPA during the 2013-14 campaign. Teammate Jordan Rodgers has a 3.28 cumulative grade point average and is majoring in marketing management.
Norma Collett is the athletic communications director for the BYU women's basketball team. She can be reached at 801-422-4908 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman rejoins...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 13
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play... 4