Westminster basketball: Griffins add Jessica Sorensen to complete roster
The Westminster women’s basketball team has completed its recruiting class for the upcoming year with the addition of Jessica Sorensen. Head coach Shelley Jarrard announced Tuesday that she signed Sorensen to a NAIA/Frontier Conference letter of intent to complete the roster for the 2014-15 season.
Sorensen is a 5-foot-9 forward from Downey, Idaho, who will come to Westminster after spending two years at Big Bend Community College. After scoring 9.0 points per game as a freshman at Big Bend, Sorensen raised her average to 12.5 points per game last season. She finished 10th in the NWAC by grabbing 9.1 rebounds per game with 4.6 coming on the offensive end. Sorensen was named second team All-East Region as a sophomore and participated in the NWAC Sophomore All-Start Game.
Westminster is coming off a 26-3 season where it won a sixth-straight Frontier Conference championship. The Griffins advanced to the quarterfinals of the NAIA National Championships for the second-straight season and third time in the past four years.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 41
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33