Westminster basketball: Griffins add Jessica Sorensen to complete roster
The Westminster women’s basketball team has completed its recruiting class for the upcoming year with the addition of Jessica Sorensen. Head coach Shelley Jarrard announced Tuesday that she signed Sorensen to a NAIA/Frontier Conference letter of intent to complete the roster for the 2014-15 season.
Sorensen is a 5-foot-9 forward from Downey, Idaho, who will come to Westminster after spending two years at Big Bend Community College. After scoring 9.0 points per game as a freshman at Big Bend, Sorensen raised her average to 12.5 points per game last season. She finished 10th in the NWAC by grabbing 9.1 rebounds per game with 4.6 coming on the offensive end. Sorensen was named second team All-East Region as a sophomore and participated in the NWAC Sophomore All-Start Game.
Westminster is coming off a 26-3 season where it won a sixth-straight Frontier Conference championship. The Griffins advanced to the quarterfinals of the NAIA National Championships for the second-straight season and third time in the past four years.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19