Westminster basketball: Griffins add Jessica Sorensen to complete roster
The Westminster women’s basketball team has completed its recruiting class for the upcoming year with the addition of Jessica Sorensen. Head coach Shelley Jarrard announced Tuesday that she signed Sorensen to a NAIA/Frontier Conference letter of intent to complete the roster for the 2014-15 season.
Sorensen is a 5-foot-9 forward from Downey, Idaho, who will come to Westminster after spending two years at Big Bend Community College. After scoring 9.0 points per game as a freshman at Big Bend, Sorensen raised her average to 12.5 points per game last season. She finished 10th in the NWAC by grabbing 9.1 rebounds per game with 4.6 coming on the offensive end. Sorensen was named second team All-East Region as a sophomore and participated in the NWAC Sophomore All-Start Game.
Westminster is coming off a 26-3 season where it won a sixth-straight Frontier Conference championship. The Griffins advanced to the quarterfinals of the NAIA National Championships for the second-straight season and third time in the past four years.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43