Lindon man accused of defrauding victims of $100,000 in two counties
Utah County Jail
LINDON — A Utah County man has been arrested for fraud-related investigations in two counties totaling more than $100,000.
Jerry Lovelace, 55, of Lindon, was booked into the Utah County Jail on Friday for investigation of forgery and communications fraud after investigators say he invited his neighbor to invest in a fire suppression company that didn't exist, taking $43,000 from him over three years.
After approaching his neighbor in 2010, Lovelace reportedly presented his neighbor with fraudulent documents indicating he had contracted with organizations like the Orange County Fire Authority, according to a police affidavit filed in 4th District Court. The man discovered the con when, following a series of "delays," he spoke with representatives at the fire authority and was told Lovelace had never contacted them.
Lovelace was also charged in 3rd District Court on July 22 with theft, a second-degree felony, for allegedly billing a food storage company that employed him for $61,909 worth of sales he never made between April 2012 and September 2013.
Lovelace told investigators he falsely reported that he had made sales to California school districts and Kaiser hospitals in California. He used the money he received for personal gain, charges state.
Because multiple victims are common in fraud cases, investigators say it's possible Lovelace defrauded more people in the state. Anyone with information about Lovelace is asked to call the law enforcement agency in their area.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 302
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36