NEPHI — Summer rains sent a mudslide across a highway near Nephi on Monday, closing the road.
Mud from an old burn scar area closed both directions of state Route 132 through Nephi Canyon shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, the Utah Department of Transportation reported.
Mud, water and rocks came down in a few areas, making the canyon east of Nephi impassable. UDOT crews were working to clear the area, and the road reopened about 6 p.m.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14