NEPHI — Summer rains sent a mudslide across a highway near Nephi on Monday, closing the road.
Mud from an old burn scar area closed both directions of state Route 132 through Nephi Canyon shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, the Utah Department of Transportation reported.
Mud, water and rocks came down in a few areas, making the canyon east of Nephi impassable. UDOT crews were working to clear the area, and the road reopened about 6 p.m.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 30
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11