NEPHI — Summer rains sent a mudslide across a highway near Nephi on Monday, closing the road.
Mud from an old burn scar area closed both directions of state Route 132 through Nephi Canyon shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, the Utah Department of Transportation reported.
Mud, water and rocks came down in a few areas, making the canyon east of Nephi impassable. UDOT crews were working to clear the area, and the road reopened about 6 p.m.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9