NEPHI — Summer rains sent a mudslide across a highway near Nephi on Monday, closing the road.
Mud from an old burn scar area closed both directions of state Route 132 through Nephi Canyon shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, the Utah Department of Transportation reported.
Mud, water and rocks came down in a few areas, making the canyon east of Nephi impassable. UDOT crews were working to clear the area, and the road reopened about 6 p.m.
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 108
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 43
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17