NEPHI — Summer rains sent a mudslide across a highway near Nephi on Monday, closing the road.
Mud from an old burn scar area closed both directions of state Route 132 through Nephi Canyon shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, the Utah Department of Transportation reported.
Mud, water and rocks came down in a few areas, making the canyon east of Nephi impassable. UDOT crews were working to clear the area, and the road reopened about 6 p.m.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- Photos: Students get a jump on the Memorial...
- West Valley man faces 31 charges in alleged...
- Teacher on leave after telling students to...
- Vehicle hits, kills man assessing his crashed...
- UTA hikes fees for public records
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 107
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 19
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9