NEPHI — Summer rains sent a mudslide across a highway near Nephi on Monday, closing the road.
Mud from an old burn scar area closed both directions of state Route 132 through Nephi Canyon shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, the Utah Department of Transportation reported.
Mud, water and rocks came down in a few areas, making the canyon east of Nephi impassable. UDOT crews were working to clear the area, and the road reopened about 6 p.m.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14