NEPHI — Summer rains sent a mudslide across a highway near Nephi on Monday, closing the road.
Mud from an old burn scar area closed both directions of state Route 132 through Nephi Canyon shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, the Utah Department of Transportation reported.
Mud, water and rocks came down in a few areas, making the canyon east of Nephi impassable. UDOT crews were working to clear the area, and the road reopened about 6 p.m.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 77
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26