Utah Grizzlies head coach and General Manager Tim Branham announced Monday that the team signed rookie forward H.T. Lenz.
Lenz, 25, comes to the Grizzlies after serving as captain at the University of Vermont the final three seasons of his college career. He had 18 goals and 20 assists in 142 games while at Vermont, and this past season led the Catamounts back to the NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual champion Union Collegeafter, after a four-year absence.
"HT is a high energy guy who is tough to play against,” Branham said. “Along with his speed and skill, this will make him a very effective pro player."
Lenz, from Vienna, Virginia, is only the third three-year captain in Vermont Hockey history. He joins a long list of former Vermont players to play in Utah, including Evan Stoflet, Colin Vock, Drew MacKenzie, Josh Burrows and Mark Lutz.
“I am very excited to get to Utah and begin my pro career in the fall,” Lenz said. “Talking to some of my peers, I have heard nothing but great things about the Grizzlies and I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to play for such a highly respected organization in a great part of the country. I have been working hard throughout the summer and am very excited to get to hockey season soon.”
The Grizzlies open the 2014-2015 regular season at Maverik Center against the Idaho Steelheads on Friday, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m.
Ticket packages for the 2014-2015 season are on sale now and start at $29. Call (801) 988-8800 or visit the Grizzlies website for more information.
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Gonzaga holds off BYU in WCC season-opener
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 35
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 26