Utah Grizzlies head coach and General Manager Tim Branham announced Monday that the team signed rookie forward H.T. Lenz.
Lenz, 25, comes to the Grizzlies after serving as captain at the University of Vermont the final three seasons of his college career. He had 18 goals and 20 assists in 142 games while at Vermont, and this past season led the Catamounts back to the NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual champion Union Collegeafter, after a four-year absence.
"HT is a high energy guy who is tough to play against,” Branham said. “Along with his speed and skill, this will make him a very effective pro player."
Lenz, from Vienna, Virginia, is only the third three-year captain in Vermont Hockey history. He joins a long list of former Vermont players to play in Utah, including Evan Stoflet, Colin Vock, Drew MacKenzie, Josh Burrows and Mark Lutz.
“I am very excited to get to Utah and begin my pro career in the fall,” Lenz said. “Talking to some of my peers, I have heard nothing but great things about the Grizzlies and I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to play for such a highly respected organization in a great part of the country. I have been working hard throughout the summer and am very excited to get to hockey season soon.”
The Grizzlies open the 2014-2015 regular season at Maverik Center against the Idaho Steelheads on Friday, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m.
Ticket packages for the 2014-2015 season are on sale now and start at $29. Call (801) 988-8800 or visit the Grizzlies website for more information.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 43
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33