Utah Grizzlies head coach and General Manager Tim Branham announced Monday that the team signed rookie forward H.T. Lenz.
Lenz, 25, comes to the Grizzlies after serving as captain at the University of Vermont the final three seasons of his college career. He had 18 goals and 20 assists in 142 games while at Vermont, and this past season led the Catamounts back to the NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual champion Union Collegeafter, after a four-year absence.
"HT is a high energy guy who is tough to play against,” Branham said. “Along with his speed and skill, this will make him a very effective pro player."
Lenz, from Vienna, Virginia, is only the third three-year captain in Vermont Hockey history. He joins a long list of former Vermont players to play in Utah, including Evan Stoflet, Colin Vock, Drew MacKenzie, Josh Burrows and Mark Lutz.
“I am very excited to get to Utah and begin my pro career in the fall,” Lenz said. “Talking to some of my peers, I have heard nothing but great things about the Grizzlies and I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to play for such a highly respected organization in a great part of the country. I have been working hard throughout the summer and am very excited to get to hockey season soon.”
The Grizzlies open the 2014-2015 regular season at Maverik Center against the Idaho Steelheads on Friday, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m.
Ticket packages for the 2014-2015 season are on sale now and start at $29. Call (801) 988-8800 or visit the Grizzlies website for more information.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7