Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute Girls Hairstyles
Mindy McKnight, a mother of six and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, discussed her successful hairstyling YouTube channel with Katie Couric on July 18.
Since 2008, McKnight has shared styling tips with other parents using pictures of her daughters' hair. In 2009, the McKnight family began posting tutorials to YouTube, and now, six years later, their channel, Cute Girls Hairstyles, has more than 2.4 million subscribers and more than 343 million video views.
During the interview with Couric, McKnight explained that Cute Girls Hairstyles is a family affair, which includes her husband, Shaun, who quit his job to pursue their YouTube business. Mindy McKnight also spoke about her hairstyle that was featured in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
At the end of the segment, Couric invited McKnight's two oldest daughters, twins Brooklyn and Bailey, to join them on the stage for a styling lesson.
The McKnight family previously lived in Lehi, Utah, and has relocated to Dallas, Texas. To find out more about McKnight's hairstyles, visit CuteGirlsHairstyles.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- The Clean Cut: LDS 'Voice' contestant...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 24
- Southern California conference... 12
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Erin Stewart: Is free-range parenting... 8
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- The Clean Cut: New BMW i3 Super Bowl ad... 2
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2
- Emma Watson to star in live-action... 1