Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute Girls Hairstyles
Mindy McKnight, a mother of six and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, discussed her successful hairstyling YouTube channel with Katie Couric on July 18.
Since 2008, McKnight has shared styling tips with other parents using pictures of her daughters' hair. In 2009, the McKnight family began posting tutorials to YouTube, and now, six years later, their channel, Cute Girls Hairstyles, has more than 2.4 million subscribers and more than 343 million video views.
During the interview with Couric, McKnight explained that Cute Girls Hairstyles is a family affair, which includes her husband, Shaun, who quit his job to pursue their YouTube business. Mindy McKnight also spoke about her hairstyle that was featured in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
At the end of the segment, Couric invited McKnight's two oldest daughters, twins Brooklyn and Bailey, to join them on the stage for a styling lesson.
The McKnight family previously lived in Lehi, Utah, and has relocated to Dallas, Texas. To find out more about McKnight's hairstyles, visit CuteGirlsHairstyles.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Health care system can make dying difficult...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- What kids crave in a relationship with a...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- Disney's 'Frozen' bridges generation gap for...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- Growing up in a big family may boost the...
- TV is reshaping what it means to be a... 10
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but... 6
- Health care system can make dying... 5
- Walkable communities can help old and... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian... 1