Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute Girls Hairstyles
Mindy McKnight, a mother of six and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, discussed her successful hairstyling YouTube channel with Katie Couric on July 18.
Since 2008, McKnight has shared styling tips with other parents using pictures of her daughters' hair. In 2009, the McKnight family began posting tutorials to YouTube, and now, six years later, their channel, Cute Girls Hairstyles, has more than 2.4 million subscribers and more than 343 million video views.
During the interview with Couric, McKnight explained that Cute Girls Hairstyles is a family affair, which includes her husband, Shaun, who quit his job to pursue their YouTube business. Mindy McKnight also spoke about her hairstyle that was featured in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
At the end of the segment, Couric invited McKnight's two oldest daughters, twins Brooklyn and Bailey, to join them on the stage for a styling lesson.
The McKnight family previously lived in Lehi, Utah, and has relocated to Dallas, Texas. To find out more about McKnight's hairstyles, visit CuteGirlsHairstyles.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Top parenting ideas,...
- Simple cheese and chive baguettes dress up...
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- LDS family runs a nonalcoholic apple... 3
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1