BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has recovered from a torn ACL, looks forward to senior season
“I want to have an even better season than I did my sophomore year. I’m going to approach this year as not taking things for granted,” he said. “You can be playing one day and not playing the next. That’s what happened to me. I’m approaching this year with no regrets and giving it my all. As far as a team, of course we want to go undefeated. From (what) everyone is saying, this is the year we could sweep the table and go undefeated. That would be great in my last year to do something like that and make that dream a reality. I feel with all the hard work we’ve been doing in the offseason, we could do that.”
Linebacker Manoa Pikula can’t wait to play with Johnson — and returning starter Robertson Daniel, who is expected to man the boundary corner spot.
“I’m excited for him. It builds a lot of confidence for our team, knowing we have Jordan back, and that we have Rob at corner,” Pikula said. “With our DBs being as good as they are, I feel like it’s going to give us that extra second for (linebackers) Bronson Kaufusi or Alani Fua to get that sack or get a good pass rush. I’m excited to see Jordan come back. He’s looking stronger than I’ve ever seen him.”
For Johnson, it’s fitting that he’ll open his senior year so close to home.
“It’s 35 or 40 minutes away from where I grew up,” he said. “It’s going to be cool. After a year away from playing, my first game will be back home. My mother and father and friends and family will be there — a lot of people who haven’t gotten a chance to see me play. And it’s my last year. It’s kind of symbolic.”
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35