When it comes to golf and the deficit, everyone seems to have an opinion as to what should be done. Yet, the affected individuals — golf professionals, superintendents, golfers — are never asked their opinion. Instead, decisions are being made by City Council.
City Council wants people to believe they are trying their best to save golf. The reality is none of them view golf as a priority. As a result of increasing fees, play dropped dramatically. City Council just voted on another fee increase starting this September.
The city golf courses will all become dog parks with this final strategy.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 60
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30
- My view: What message does Melania's... 29