When it comes to golf and the deficit, everyone seems to have an opinion as to what should be done. Yet, the affected individuals — golf professionals, superintendents, golfers — are never asked their opinion. Instead, decisions are being made by City Council.
City Council wants people to believe they are trying their best to save golf. The reality is none of them view golf as a priority. As a result of increasing fees, play dropped dramatically. City Council just voted on another fee increase starting this September.
The city golf courses will all become dog parks with this final strategy.
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30