Have those who complain about daylight saving time never got up early to go fishing or attend a sunrise service? Have they never stayed up for a late? Or traveled out of our time zone? These complaints seem to be highly contrived.
Recently, while working at an office, I hated going home in the winter semi-dark at 5 p.m. Yes, children going to school in the dark is a problem. Why not begin school an hour later when sunrise dictates it? As for me, I love the long summer daylight evenings. Let’s keep daylight saving time.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Is it time for our first woman president? 45
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13