Have those who complain about daylight saving time never got up early to go fishing or attend a sunrise service? Have they never stayed up for a late? Or traveled out of our time zone? These complaints seem to be highly contrived.
Recently, while working at an office, I hated going home in the winter semi-dark at 5 p.m. Yes, children going to school in the dark is a problem. Why not begin school an hour later when sunrise dictates it? As for me, I love the long summer daylight evenings. Let’s keep daylight saving time.
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- Derek B. Miller: Utah's economic development...
- Letter: Nothing is 'free'
- Letter: Citizens have a duty
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 52
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 38
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22