Have those who complain about daylight saving time never got up early to go fishing or attend a sunrise service? Have they never stayed up for a late? Or traveled out of our time zone? These complaints seem to be highly contrived.
Recently, while working at an office, I hated going home in the winter semi-dark at 5 p.m. Yes, children going to school in the dark is a problem. Why not begin school an hour later when sunrise dictates it? As for me, I love the long summer daylight evenings. Let’s keep daylight saving time.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32