MAESER, Uintah County — Authorities are investigating a rollover crash in Dry Fork Canyon that killed one man and left another in "extremely critical condition."
The crash was reported about 8 p.m. Saturday when a driver spotted a wrecked sedan off the Dry Fork Canyon Road, according to Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Dustin Cheshire.
Witnesses told deputies the sedan was seen speeding south on the road shortly before the crash, Cheshire said. The driver apparently lost control and the car rolled "multiple times," ejecting the driver and his passenger, the corporal said.
One of the men died at the scene. The other man was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center in what Cheshire described as "extremely critical condition."
Dry Fork Canyon Road remained closed at 9:30 p.m. as investigators continued to process the crash site.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11