MAESER, Uintah County — Authorities are investigating a rollover crash in Dry Fork Canyon that killed one man and left another in "extremely critical condition."
The crash was reported about 8 p.m. Saturday when a driver spotted a wrecked sedan off the Dry Fork Canyon Road, according to Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Dustin Cheshire.
Witnesses told deputies the sedan was seen speeding south on the road shortly before the crash, Cheshire said. The driver apparently lost control and the car rolled "multiple times," ejecting the driver and his passenger, the corporal said.
One of the men died at the scene. The other man was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center in what Cheshire described as "extremely critical condition."
Dry Fork Canyon Road remained closed at 9:30 p.m. as investigators continued to process the crash site.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Bingham High students walk out over... 26
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 13