MAESER, Uintah County — Authorities are investigating a rollover crash in Dry Fork Canyon that killed one man and left another in "extremely critical condition."
The crash was reported about 8 p.m. Saturday when a driver spotted a wrecked sedan off the Dry Fork Canyon Road, according to Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Dustin Cheshire.
Witnesses told deputies the sedan was seen speeding south on the road shortly before the crash, Cheshire said. The driver apparently lost control and the car rolled "multiple times," ejecting the driver and his passenger, the corporal said.
One of the men died at the scene. The other man was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center in what Cheshire described as "extremely critical condition."
Dry Fork Canyon Road remained closed at 9:30 p.m. as investigators continued to process the crash site.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18