MAESER, Uintah County — Authorities are investigating a rollover crash in Dry Fork Canyon that killed one man and left another in "extremely critical condition."
The crash was reported about 8 p.m. Saturday when a driver spotted a wrecked sedan off the Dry Fork Canyon Road, according to Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Dustin Cheshire.
Witnesses told deputies the sedan was seen speeding south on the road shortly before the crash, Cheshire said. The driver apparently lost control and the car rolled "multiple times," ejecting the driver and his passenger, the corporal said.
One of the men died at the scene. The other man was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center in what Cheshire described as "extremely critical condition."
Dry Fork Canyon Road remained closed at 9:30 p.m. as investigators continued to process the crash site.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12