Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited for underage drinking
Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Utah junior quarterback Travis Wilson was cited and released Friday on suspicion of underage consumption of alcohol, according the Department of Public Safety and Utah Highway Patrol.
In the release, department officials said the quarterback was cited during a concert at around 10 p.m. for possession or consumption by a minor.
“This is a violation of state law,” the department said in the release. “Mr. Wilson was cited into the West Valley Justice Court and released at the scene.”
Utah football officials have not responded to a request for comment on the incident.
Wilson has thrown for 3,138 yards and 23 touchdowns in two seasons with the Utes. His sophomore season was cut short due to injury last year.
Utes head coach Kyle Whittingham said at the Pac-12 media conference on Wednesday that Wilson is the favorite for Utah’s starting quarterback job heading camp that opens on Aug. 4.
“If we had a game tomorrow, he’d be our starter,” Whitttingham said during the broadcast of the event on Wednesday.
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Tyler Haws to play with Cleveland Cavaliers...
- Jazz not expected to be a major player (or...
- Reports: Jackson Vroman found dead
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Why is William Penn, a Quaker university in...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 47
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 25
- NBA draft: Utah Jazz select Trey Lyles... 22
- NBA draft: Utes' Delon Wright selected... 17
- Upstill: Does Trey Lyles have what it... 16
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13