SALT LAKE CITY — Several entities are proposing to increase property tax revenues within Salt Lake County.
Concerned residents are invited to attend public hearings on the proposed increases.
All increases are based on a countywide average value of $251,000. The same value is used for both residential and commercial properties.
Granite School District residents would see taxes increase from $917.89 to $943.02, while commercial properties would rise from $1,668.90 to $1,714.58. The public hearing is 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at 2500 S. State.
Murray City School District's proposed hike for residential properties would go from $935.70 to $945.09, and commercial properties from $1,701.28 to $1,718.35. The public hearing is 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at 147 E. 5065 South.
Salt Lake City School District would hike residential taxes from $815.74 to $870.13, and commercial taxes from $1,483.16 to $1,582.05. The public hearing is 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at 440 E. 100 South.
Cities and towns
Midvale residents would see taxes go from $86.01 to $101.60, while commercial tenants would face an increase from $156.37 to $184.74. The public hearing is 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, at 655 W. Center.
Salt Lake City's residential increase would rise from $778.05 to $783.43, with commercial increasing from $1,414.64 to $1,424.43. The public hearing is 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State.
West Valley City residential taxes would rise from $602.04 to $604.80, with a commercial hike from $1,094.61 to $1,099.63. The public hearing is 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, at 3600 S. Constitution Blvd.
The town of Alta would raise residential taxes from $143.85 to $165.66 and commercial taxes from $261.54 to $301.20. The public hearing is 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, at the Alta Community Center/Library.
The Cottonwood Heights Parks and Recreation Service Area would raise residential taxes from $150.61 to $172.98 and commercial taxes from $273.84 to $314.50. The public hearing is 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, at 7500 S. 2700 East.
- LDS Church announces publication of the...
- Heavy rains slam Davis County, cause...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- South Salt Lake ranks as most expensive city...
- Illinois the top party school in the US; BYU...
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah criticism...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike, says...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any... 60
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 37
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah... 25
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike,... 22
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 18
- South Salt Lake ranks as most expensive... 14
- Expunging criminal records expected to... 13