SALT LAKE CITY — Several entities are proposing to increase property tax revenues within Salt Lake County.
Concerned residents are invited to attend public hearings on the proposed increases.
All increases are based on a countywide average value of $251,000. The same value is used for both residential and commercial properties.
Granite School District residents would see taxes increase from $917.89 to $943.02, while commercial properties would rise from $1,668.90 to $1,714.58. The public hearing is 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at 2500 S. State.
Murray City School District's proposed hike for residential properties would go from $935.70 to $945.09, and commercial properties from $1,701.28 to $1,718.35. The public hearing is 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at 147 E. 5065 South.
Salt Lake City School District would hike residential taxes from $815.74 to $870.13, and commercial taxes from $1,483.16 to $1,582.05. The public hearing is 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at 440 E. 100 South.
Cities and towns
Midvale residents would see taxes go from $86.01 to $101.60, while commercial tenants would face an increase from $156.37 to $184.74. The public hearing is 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, at 655 W. Center.
Salt Lake City's residential increase would rise from $778.05 to $783.43, with commercial increasing from $1,414.64 to $1,424.43. The public hearing is 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State.
West Valley City residential taxes would rise from $602.04 to $604.80, with a commercial hike from $1,094.61 to $1,099.63. The public hearing is 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, at 3600 S. Constitution Blvd.
The town of Alta would raise residential taxes from $143.85 to $165.66 and commercial taxes from $261.54 to $301.20. The public hearing is 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, at the Alta Community Center/Library.
The Cottonwood Heights Parks and Recreation Service Area would raise residential taxes from $150.61 to $172.98 and commercial taxes from $273.84 to $314.50. The public hearing is 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, at 7500 S. 2700 East.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14