Former Ute wide receiver, kick returner Reggie Dunn signs with Arizona Cardinals
Keith Srakocic, AP
Reggie Dunn joined his sixth team in just his second NFL season, signing with the Arizona Cardinals on Friday.
The Cardinals' veterans reported for training camp on Friday, with the rookies arriving Tuesday.
The former Utah wide receiver and kick returner ended the 2013 season with the Patriots organization, but he was released by New England last month.
Dunn signed a free-agent deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 after going undrafted. He spent time on the practice squad last season with five different teams, including the Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins and Patriots.
During the preseason last year, Dunn had one reception for 10 yards and two rushes for 19 yards for Pittsburgh.
The 5-foot-9, 178-pound Dunn was an electric returner during his time at Utah, highlighted by his senior 2012 season. That year, Dunn set the NCAA single-season record with four kickoff returns for a touchdown. He also became the only player in NCAA history to return multiple kickoffs 100-plus yards for a touchdown when he did so against California.
Dunn also set the NCAA career mark with five kickoff returns for a score.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- Steve Nash fans among Utah Jazz saddened by...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Live streams: 5A and 4A girls soccer state...
- Who's in? Breaking down the high school...
- Suspended Utah football player sentenced for...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 105
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 58
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21