Former Ute wide receiver, kick returner Reggie Dunn signs with Arizona Cardinals
Keith Srakocic, AP
Reggie Dunn joined his sixth team in just his second NFL season, signing with the Arizona Cardinals on Friday.
The Cardinals' veterans reported for training camp on Friday, with the rookies arriving Tuesday.
The former Utah wide receiver and kick returner ended the 2013 season with the Patriots organization, but he was released by New England last month.
Dunn signed a free-agent deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 after going undrafted. He spent time on the practice squad last season with five different teams, including the Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins and Patriots.
During the preseason last year, Dunn had one reception for 10 yards and two rushes for 19 yards for Pittsburgh.
The 5-foot-9, 178-pound Dunn was an electric returner during his time at Utah, highlighted by his senior 2012 season. That year, Dunn set the NCAA single-season record with four kickoff returns for a touchdown. He also became the only player in NCAA history to return multiple kickoffs 100-plus yards for a touchdown when he did so against California.
Dunn also set the NCAA career mark with five kickoff returns for a score.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19