DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT — Smoke jumpers and other fire resources began fighting a fire at Dinosaur National Monument that started Friday.
The Hog Canyon Fire had burned about 20 acres atop Split Mountain in Hog Canyon Friday afternoon.
The fire was one of several in the area caused by lightning in the past 24 hours, according to the monument's acting fire management officer, Andy Bundshuh.
Fire engines, helicopters and single-engine air tankers were ordered to the Hog Canyon Fire, and all other fires on the monument were under suppression, he said.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 92
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18