WOODS CROSS — A large fire burned at a building in a Woods Cross neighborhood Friday afternoon.
The South Davis Metro Fire Department tweeted that crews were fighting the blaze at Overhead Door Co. of Bountiful near 2460 S. 1500 West.
Utah Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross, lives in the area and said he saw the fire on his way home from work.
"It's an extremely large amount of billowing smoke," Weiler said. "It's actually right behind some residential houses. The houses are not on fire yet, but it's literally right in their backyard."
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 33
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15