20 people confess their true feelings about God online
Purestock, Getty Images
How Americans feel about God is somewhat of a mystery. That's partially because many Americans feel uncomfortable expressing their beliefs about religion openly.
We know, for example, that many Americans lie about going to church. A recent study by the Public Religion Research Institute found that Americans were 5 percent more likely to say they attend church weekly when asked on the phone than when asked online.
That's why Whisper, a social media app that allows users to post their beliefs, thoughts and ideas anonymously, might give us a better look into America's relationship with religion.
Here are 20 quotes taken from postings on the social network:
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 9
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6