20 people confess their true feelings about God online
Purestock, Getty Images
How Americans feel about God is somewhat of a mystery. That's partially because many Americans feel uncomfortable expressing their beliefs about religion openly.
We know, for example, that many Americans lie about going to church. A recent study by the Public Religion Research Institute found that Americans were 5 percent more likely to say they attend church weekly when asked on the phone than when asked online.
That's why Whisper, a social media app that allows users to post their beliefs, thoughts and ideas anonymously, might give us a better look into America's relationship with religion.
Here are 20 quotes taken from postings on the social network:
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 173
- Why I don’t call myself a... 95
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 23
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 15
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 13