20 people confess their true feelings about God online
Purestock, Getty Images
How Americans feel about God is somewhat of a mystery. That's partially because many Americans feel uncomfortable expressing their beliefs about religion openly.
We know, for example, that many Americans lie about going to church. A recent study by the Public Religion Research Institute found that Americans were 5 percent more likely to say they attend church weekly when asked on the phone than when asked online.
That's why Whisper, a social media app that allows users to post their beliefs, thoughts and ideas anonymously, might give us a better look into America's relationship with religion.
Here are 20 quotes taken from postings on the social network:
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 136
- Religious groups react to Boy... 77
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 26
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 20
- ... 12