20 people confess their true feelings about God online
Purestock, Getty Images
How Americans feel about God is somewhat of a mystery. That's partially because many Americans feel uncomfortable expressing their beliefs about religion openly.
We know, for example, that many Americans lie about going to church. A recent study by the Public Religion Research Institute found that Americans were 5 percent more likely to say they attend church weekly when asked on the phone than when asked online.
That's why Whisper, a social media app that allows users to post their beliefs, thoughts and ideas anonymously, might give us a better look into America's relationship with religion.
Here are 20 quotes taken from postings on the social network:
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 36
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4
- Pope Francis to marry couples with... 3