20 people confess their true feelings about God online
Purestock, Getty Images
How Americans feel about God is somewhat of a mystery. That's partially because many Americans feel uncomfortable expressing their beliefs about religion openly.
We know, for example, that many Americans lie about going to church. A recent study by the Public Religion Research Institute found that Americans were 5 percent more likely to say they attend church weekly when asked on the phone than when asked online.
That's why Whisper, a social media app that allows users to post their beliefs, thoughts and ideas anonymously, might give us a better look into America's relationship with religion.
Here are 20 quotes taken from postings on the social network:
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6