"LORD GRENVILLE's CHOICE," by G.G. Vandagriff, Orson Whitney Press, $9.99, 207 pages (f)
Lady Felicity is learning the hard way that money can't buy love.
After Alexander's true love, Lady Elizabeth, was promised and married to another, Felicity persuaded her father to arrange her marriage to him, with the size of her dowry being suitably convincing. But five years later, the state of their marriage shows it is clear that Alexander was never able to get over Elizabeth.
Then without warning, Elizabeth's husband dies suddenly, and Felicity, Elizabeth and even Alexander are almost sure he will take Elizabeth as a mistress now that she is free.
Despite her breaking heart, Felicity won't stand for a husband with a mistress, and she's determined that it will be one or the other, not both. To make his decision easier, Felicity takes their son, Jack, and chooses to live at her father's home — and according to the gossip columns, Alex hasn't wasted much time making his first visit to Elizabeth.
But love is a tricky thing, and Alex surprises himself in being more conflicted than he anticipated. Not to mention that he learns there is more to both Felicity and Elizabeth than he once thought. Between the hurtful rumors and misunderstandings, Alex finds himself in a position to lose his greatest love.
Utah author G.G. Vandagriff brings another clean and interesting romance to her line of Regency romances. What Vandagriff may lack in her writing skill, she makes up in her storylines. It's easy to be pulled into her page-turning stories and plots, and "Lord Grenville's Choice" is no different. Vandagriff always manages to throw in an unexpected twist or a tension-building wrench that keep readers interested despite the fact that the stories follow the generally predictable romance formulas. "Lord Grenville's Choice" is good for readers who like a quick, satisfying read.
Hikari Loftus is a graduate from the University of Utah.
- Zuckerberg and wife, in letter to new...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- BYU Vocal Point, One Voice Children's Choir...
- All Blacks perform haka tribute for deceased...
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Waitress' makes history as the first time a...
- These touching Christmas ads will melt any...
- In a distracted world, coloring books offer...
- Steve Eaton: 'Bewitched' apparitions... 8
- Zuckerberg and wife, in letter to new... 7
- These touching Christmas ads will melt... 3
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes 1
- Bono, Clooney, Kardashian part of... 1
- Prehistoric lessons: What children can... 1
- Surprising success: 'A Charlie Brown... 1
- Seasonal stagings: Area theaters host... 1