USU golf: Tanner Higham named Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar for second-straight year
Utah State's Tanner Higham was named a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar for the second time in as many years, it was recently announced by the Golf Coaches Association of America.
Higham is one of 207 Division I golfers to earn All-America Scholar honors from Cleveland Golf/Srixon, including one of eight from the Mountain West Conference and one of nine from Utah.
Higham, a senior from Shelley, Idaho, has a cumulative 3.93 grade point average majoring in nutrition, dietetics and food sciences.
During the 2013-14 season, Higham played 32 rounds with a scoring average of 73.28. Higham became the first Aggie to win a tournament since 1996 when he claimed the title at the Boise State hosted Dash Thomas Memorial on Sept. 24, 2013. There, he shot a final round 4-under-par 67 for a collegiate-best 8-under 205 (71-67-67). Higham finished the season tied for 50th at the 2014 MW Championships with a 19-over 232 (82-74-76) where Utah State finished ninth in the 11-team field with a 33-over 885 (298-295-292). Overall, Higham competed in 11 tournaments during his senior season and recorded four top-10 finishes.
To be eligible for Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar status an individual must be a junior or senior academically; compete in at least three full years at the collegiate level; participate in 50 percent of his team’s competitive rounds; have a stroke average under 76.0 in Division I, 78.0 in Division II, 77.0 in NAIA and 79.0 in Division III; and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2. A recipient must also be of high moral character and be in good standing at his college or university.
Doug Hoffman is the associate athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Tanner Mangum's on-the-job training continues...
- Utah vs. California: How to attend, watch,...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17
- Red and blue recruits: Utes reap... 17