BYU men's cross country schedule to include meets in Utah, Midwest
PROVO — The men’s cross country team released its 2014 schedule, which will include two meets in Utah and two meets in the Midwest before their championships in November.
The Cougars will begin their season Sept. 6 with the Utah Open in Salt Lake City, before hosting the Autumn Classic in Provo the following week. They will then head to two of the biggest invitationals in the nation — the Notre Dame Invitational and the Wisconsin Adidas Invitational.
“It’ll be nice to have a couple of meets close to home so we can see where our runners are before heading to the big meets in the Midwest,” said BYU head coach Ed Eyestone. “Then those Midwest meets are crucial in terms of picking up at-large points for the team.”
BYU’s postseason stretch begins Nov. 2 at the West Coast Conference Championships in Malibu, California. The NCAA Mountain Region Championships will be held Nov. 15 in Ogden, with the NCAA Championships coming a week later in Terre Haute, Indiana.
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- NFL playoff picture: 20 Utah ties currently...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26