BYU men's cross country schedule to include meets in Utah, Midwest
PROVO — The men’s cross country team released its 2014 schedule, which will include two meets in Utah and two meets in the Midwest before their championships in November.
The Cougars will begin their season Sept. 6 with the Utah Open in Salt Lake City, before hosting the Autumn Classic in Provo the following week. They will then head to two of the biggest invitationals in the nation — the Notre Dame Invitational and the Wisconsin Adidas Invitational.
“It’ll be nice to have a couple of meets close to home so we can see where our runners are before heading to the big meets in the Midwest,” said BYU head coach Ed Eyestone. “Then those Midwest meets are crucial in terms of picking up at-large points for the team.”
BYU’s postseason stretch begins Nov. 2 at the West Coast Conference Championships in Malibu, California. The NCAA Mountain Region Championships will be held Nov. 15 in Ogden, with the NCAA Championships coming a week later in Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Morning links: National college football...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman rejoins...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 99
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 32
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 6
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5