BYU men's cross country schedule to include meets in Utah, Midwest
PROVO — The men’s cross country team released its 2014 schedule, which will include two meets in Utah and two meets in the Midwest before their championships in November.
The Cougars will begin their season Sept. 6 with the Utah Open in Salt Lake City, before hosting the Autumn Classic in Provo the following week. They will then head to two of the biggest invitationals in the nation — the Notre Dame Invitational and the Wisconsin Adidas Invitational.
“It’ll be nice to have a couple of meets close to home so we can see where our runners are before heading to the big meets in the Midwest,” said BYU head coach Ed Eyestone. “Then those Midwest meets are crucial in terms of picking up at-large points for the team.”
BYU’s postseason stretch begins Nov. 2 at the West Coast Conference Championships in Malibu, California. The NCAA Mountain Region Championships will be held Nov. 15 in Ogden, with the NCAA Championships coming a week later in Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- Plenty of familiarity between coaching staffs...
- Corso and headgear and signs, oh, my: What...
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- BYU star soccer player Michele Murphy...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 39
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 18
- Red and blue recruits: Utes reap... 17
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local... 14
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders... 12