Man without arms and legs has a message about body image
While not having arms or legs may appear to limit Chris' physical abilities, his emotional strength has driven him to pursue his passion for farming and face potentially hurtful comments with humor and courage.
Chris is the subject of a YouTube video by filmmaker and farmer John Chester. The video was posted to Oprah's OWN TV channel as part of a series titled "Super Soul Sunday." The series is "designed to help viewers awaken to their best selves," and Chris makes it clear that becoming that version of ourselves has nothing to do with appearances.
"Some people are ashamed of their freckles. Some people are ashamed of that spare tire around their waist. They have big ears or a big nose or whatever. I think if you're worried about how you look, you're cheating yourself out of opportunities," Chris said.
The video, posted May 25, has nearly 2 million views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Should you tell your spouse the little white...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 28
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- Is the 'friend zone' a bad thing? 4