Man without arms and legs has a message about body image
While not having arms or legs may appear to limit Chris' physical abilities, his emotional strength has driven him to pursue his passion for farming and face potentially hurtful comments with humor and courage.
Chris is the subject of a YouTube video by filmmaker and farmer John Chester. The video was posted to Oprah's OWN TV channel as part of a series titled "Super Soul Sunday." The series is "designed to help viewers awaken to their best selves," and Chris makes it clear that becoming that version of ourselves has nothing to do with appearances.
"Some people are ashamed of their freckles. Some people are ashamed of that spare tire around their waist. They have big ears or a big nose or whatever. I think if you're worried about how you look, you're cheating yourself out of opportunities," Chris said.
The video, posted May 25, has nearly 2 million views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio audience'
- Figuring out why teens turn to pornography
- UTubers: Redhead Express covers 'I Knew I...
- What it's like for a dad to raise a fencing...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight with the...
- Figuring out why teens turn to pornography 13
- As 'Sesame Street' debuts on HBO, some... 2
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 2
- UTubers: Utah native stars as Sandy in... 1
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Father's... 1
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight... 1
- Tangy orange shrimp dish that's quickly... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1