Man without arms and legs has a message about body image
While not having arms or legs may appear to limit Chris' physical abilities, his emotional strength has driven him to pursue his passion for farming and face potentially hurtful comments with humor and courage.
Chris is the subject of a YouTube video by filmmaker and farmer John Chester. The video was posted to Oprah's OWN TV channel as part of a series titled "Super Soul Sunday." The series is "designed to help viewers awaken to their best selves," and Chris makes it clear that becoming that version of ourselves has nothing to do with appearances.
"Some people are ashamed of their freckles. Some people are ashamed of that spare tire around their waist. They have big ears or a big nose or whatever. I think if you're worried about how you look, you're cheating yourself out of opportunities," Chris said.
The video, posted May 25, has nearly 2 million views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- Disney's 'Tomorrowland' is a surprisingly...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay adults not...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may...
- 21 things to look forward to at Disneyland's...
- Why exposing your children to another...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 168
- Erin Stewart: Why do men want 'strong'... 14
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 10
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may... 8
- Disney's 'Tomorrowland' is a... 5
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror... 5
- 100 deadly days of summer: What you... 4
- Why exposing your children to another... 3