Man without arms and legs has a message about body image
While not having arms or legs may appear to limit Chris' physical abilities, his emotional strength has driven him to pursue his passion for farming and face potentially hurtful comments with humor and courage.
Chris is the subject of a YouTube video by filmmaker and farmer John Chester. The video was posted to Oprah's OWN TV channel as part of a series titled "Super Soul Sunday." The series is "designed to help viewers awaken to their best selves," and Chris makes it clear that becoming that version of ourselves has nothing to do with appearances.
"Some people are ashamed of their freckles. Some people are ashamed of that spare tire around their waist. They have big ears or a big nose or whatever. I think if you're worried about how you look, you're cheating yourself out of opportunities," Chris said.
The video, posted May 25, has nearly 2 million views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Here’s a look at Disney’s newest...
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling and Lexi Walker...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- Motherhood Matters: How running helped me...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three... 2
- The Clean Cut: Bindi Irwin, Crocodile... 1