I do not think daylight saving time is a good idea. People think they can decide how much daylight we have. Once in a while I wish I had a few more hours of sunlight, but other days when I can’t wait for the day to end.
It is impossible for us to have a time solution we will all agree on. We go to school and work, take vacations, drive cars, take planes east and west, set alarm clocks to different hours, and most of us decide how we spend our time. Ranchers, farmers, landscapers, construction workers and others who work outside may prefer cooler morning hours. Running, walking, gardening and sports are also better suited to cooler hours.
Let’s join Arizona and stop setting our clocks back and forward. We need to opt out of daylight saving time.
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Letter: Our public lands
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20