I do not think daylight saving time is a good idea. People think they can decide how much daylight we have. Once in a while I wish I had a few more hours of sunlight, but other days when I can’t wait for the day to end.
It is impossible for us to have a time solution we will all agree on. We go to school and work, take vacations, drive cars, take planes east and west, set alarm clocks to different hours, and most of us decide how we spend our time. Ranchers, farmers, landscapers, construction workers and others who work outside may prefer cooler morning hours. Running, walking, gardening and sports are also better suited to cooler hours.
Let’s join Arizona and stop setting our clocks back and forward. We need to opt out of daylight saving time.
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on...
- My view: End Utah taxpayers’ losing streak
- In our opinion: Public financial support for...
- Letter: Shooter's motives
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Letter: Shooter's motives 40
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 31
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 31
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 27
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 22