If my memory serves me correctly, I recall numerous presidents boasting of the fact they helped in the signing of a peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. What have all those presidents really been a part of signing between these two countries? My conclusion has been that what ever a president does, either in this country or any other country, doesn't seem to matter because if the hearts of the people are geared toward hatred, there will be war and killing.
This conflict has been going on for thousands of years, which tells me the people are being taught to hate, perpetuating the problem. I realize that not only do people need to want peace; they also need to want to stop hating. This comes down to the very core of society: family. That is where love can be promoted and taught as well as hatred. It doesn't matter what presidents do. Families will be the most influential on their children.
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 23