If my memory serves me correctly, I recall numerous presidents boasting of the fact they helped in the signing of a peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. What have all those presidents really been a part of signing between these two countries? My conclusion has been that what ever a president does, either in this country or any other country, doesn't seem to matter because if the hearts of the people are geared toward hatred, there will be war and killing.
This conflict has been going on for thousands of years, which tells me the people are being taught to hate, perpetuating the problem. I realize that not only do people need to want peace; they also need to want to stop hating. This comes down to the very core of society: family. That is where love can be promoted and taught as well as hatred. It doesn't matter what presidents do. Families will be the most influential on their children.
Salt Lake City
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27