If my memory serves me correctly, I recall numerous presidents boasting of the fact they helped in the signing of a peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. What have all those presidents really been a part of signing between these two countries? My conclusion has been that what ever a president does, either in this country or any other country, doesn't seem to matter because if the hearts of the people are geared toward hatred, there will be war and killing.
This conflict has been going on for thousands of years, which tells me the people are being taught to hate, perpetuating the problem. I realize that not only do people need to want peace; they also need to want to stop hating. This comes down to the very core of society: family. That is where love can be promoted and taught as well as hatred. It doesn't matter what presidents do. Families will be the most influential on their children.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34