If my memory serves me correctly, I recall numerous presidents boasting of the fact they helped in the signing of a peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. What have all those presidents really been a part of signing between these two countries? My conclusion has been that what ever a president does, either in this country or any other country, doesn't seem to matter because if the hearts of the people are geared toward hatred, there will be war and killing.
This conflict has been going on for thousands of years, which tells me the people are being taught to hate, perpetuating the problem. I realize that not only do people need to want peace; they also need to want to stop hating. This comes down to the very core of society: family. That is where love can be promoted and taught as well as hatred. It doesn't matter what presidents do. Families will be the most influential on their children.
Salt Lake City
- Your future Utah needs your input now —...
- Drew Clark: Congress should modernize highway...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Mediocre...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economic turmoil in...
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Letter: Special treatment
- Letter: Chamber's misleading ad
- My View: Trade promotion authority would...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 36
- Letter: A constant example 17
- National debt not just financial issue... 14
- Letter: The good ones 14
- Letter: Put people in control 13
- Letter: Today's young people care about... 11
- In our opinion: Clinton Foundation's... 8
- Jay Evensen: Why would anyone fill out... 7