If my memory serves me correctly, I recall numerous presidents boasting of the fact they helped in the signing of a peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. What have all those presidents really been a part of signing between these two countries? My conclusion has been that what ever a president does, either in this country or any other country, doesn't seem to matter because if the hearts of the people are geared toward hatred, there will be war and killing.
This conflict has been going on for thousands of years, which tells me the people are being taught to hate, perpetuating the problem. I realize that not only do people need to want peace; they also need to want to stop hating. This comes down to the very core of society: family. That is where love can be promoted and taught as well as hatred. It doesn't matter what presidents do. Families will be the most influential on their children.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26