People who have been conditioned by new media, schools and universities, including many who rely on the "green movement" for their livelihoods, continue to view fossil fuels as a source of energy as something bad, and continue their assault on these sources. John Hoffmire’s piece, “Why we must take energy poverty seriously” (July 21), points out clearly the consequences of living without an adequate supply of electrical energy.
Our very civilization depends on a reliable supply of electrical energy, including the use of cell phones, computers and all the other modern "necessities.” Without it, many will not survive. We need to be judicious in our use of energy. However, a warning to those who think global warming can be solved by shutting down our use of fossil fuels: there is another side to the coin, and that may be much worse than what we have now.
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22