SALT LAKE CITY — The dates of a roadway improvement project in Ogden Canyon have changed as resurfacing work will begin Monday on state Route 39.
The project stretches through the canyon between Harrison Boulevard (state Route 203) in Ogden, and state Route 158 at Pineview Dam.
Beginning Monday, gravel chips will be placed on the roadway, in addition to ongoing work on guard rail repairs, median and shoulder rumble strips and sign installation.
Once the chips are placed, there will be a short period where motorists will be allowed to drive on the new chips. Motorists are encouraged to reduce their driving speeds to help protect against vehicle damage from so-called “fly rock,” which occurs when newly laid chips are driven over by vehicles at high speeds.
Once the new surface has been driven on for several days, it will be swept again and an asphalt-based seal coat will be completed, followed by the application of permanent striping of the roadway. Most work is expected to be completed by Aug. 6.
For all phases of work, motorists should expect flaggers controlling traffic movements, with a pilot car escorting traffic through the construction zone. Motorists should expect up to 15-minute travel delays where work is occurring from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays.
On Fridays, lane restrictions will end by 4 p.m. to facilitate area recreational travel. Motorists with time-sensitive travel should plan accordingly and consider alternate routes, such as state Route 167, the Trappers Loop Highway via I-84 through Weber Canyon, to expedite their trip.
For more information, call the project hotline at 801-419-8786.
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 29
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 19
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13