SALT LAKE CITY — The dates of a roadway improvement project in Ogden Canyon have changed as resurfacing work will begin Monday on state Route 39.
The project stretches through the canyon between Harrison Boulevard (state Route 203) in Ogden, and state Route 158 at Pineview Dam.
Beginning Monday, gravel chips will be placed on the roadway, in addition to ongoing work on guard rail repairs, median and shoulder rumble strips and sign installation.
Once the chips are placed, there will be a short period where motorists will be allowed to drive on the new chips. Motorists are encouraged to reduce their driving speeds to help protect against vehicle damage from so-called “fly rock,” which occurs when newly laid chips are driven over by vehicles at high speeds.
Once the new surface has been driven on for several days, it will be swept again and an asphalt-based seal coat will be completed, followed by the application of permanent striping of the roadway. Most work is expected to be completed by Aug. 6.
For all phases of work, motorists should expect flaggers controlling traffic movements, with a pilot car escorting traffic through the construction zone. Motorists should expect up to 15-minute travel delays where work is occurring from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays.
On Fridays, lane restrictions will end by 4 p.m. to facilitate area recreational travel. Motorists with time-sensitive travel should plan accordingly and consider alternate routes, such as state Route 167, the Trappers Loop Highway via I-84 through Weber Canyon, to expedite their trip.
For more information, call the project hotline at 801-419-8786.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 21
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14