Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County’s recycling office is able to loan recycle bins for community events for free.
Mayor Ben McAdams said many events already have recycling available, but the new bins are specific for bottle sorting and are available to event organizers at no cost.
“We know that recycling supports clean air, less waste and our pocketbooks,” McAdams said. “Salt Lake County wants to make it easy for people to recycle, and offering the bins does just that.”
Less than a year ago, McAdams issued a two-year challenge to Salt Lake County residents to increase the amount recycled by 20 percent. Offering the bins is part of achieving that goal, he said.
“I’m excited to get the new bins out there for the public’s use,” said Ashlee Yoder, Salt Lake County recycling coordinator. “We’ll be able to track how much is recycled using the bins and factor that in as we crunch the numbers on our path to increase recycling by 20 percent.”
Yoder added that event organizers are responsible for keeping count of the number of recycle bags filled.
Community leaders and event organizers interested in receiving a bin can contact Morgan Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 385-468-6399.
The recycle bins are available through a grant awarded to Salt Lake County from Keep America Beautiful and the Coca-Cola Foundation.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 21
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17