Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The managers of The Gateway have announced a new restaurant will be opening next month.
Retail Properties of America Inc. said Wednesday that a new "supper club" restaurant concept, DOPO, will begin serving customers in a few weeks.
Meaning "next" in Italian, DOPO is purported to be an upscale, live music-oriented restaurant featuring Italian and Mediterranean fare with nightly live jazz. The establishment will feature a 1930s supper club ambiance, with special amenities including the sale of roses, orchids and boutonnieres, as well as Italian chocolate cigars, according a statement from the company.
“The 'Italian Diaspora' was the substantial migration of Italians from about 1900 to 1950. Not only did Italians populate countries bordering the Mediterranean, but South America and Brazil, where for example 60 percent of Argentina’s population is of Italian descent,” said executive chef Christian Maymi. “DOPO represents what Italians did 'next,' by absorbing influences of local cuisine, music and culture.”
DOPO is expected to open in August.
“We are very excited about the announcement of this dynamic restaurant concept,” said Stacy Short, Retail Properties of America assistant vice president and leasing director for the West region. “We are eager to host their inventive new concept, joining several new retailers such as GameWorks and RocketFizz at The Gateway.”
The opening of the new dining establishment comes in the wake of one of the shopping center's original restaurant tenants announcing its departure. Citing declining patronage, Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill announced Tuesday it would be closing its Utah location at The Gateway on Aug. 2.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Unwarranted drug database search prompts new...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14