Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The managers of The Gateway have announced a new restaurant will be opening next month.
Retail Properties of America Inc. said Wednesday that a new "supper club" restaurant concept, DOPO, will begin serving customers in a few weeks.
Meaning "next" in Italian, DOPO is purported to be an upscale, live music-oriented restaurant featuring Italian and Mediterranean fare with nightly live jazz. The establishment will feature a 1930s supper club ambiance, with special amenities including the sale of roses, orchids and boutonnieres, as well as Italian chocolate cigars, according a statement from the company.
“The 'Italian Diaspora' was the substantial migration of Italians from about 1900 to 1950. Not only did Italians populate countries bordering the Mediterranean, but South America and Brazil, where for example 60 percent of Argentina’s population is of Italian descent,” said executive chef Christian Maymi. “DOPO represents what Italians did 'next,' by absorbing influences of local cuisine, music and culture.”
DOPO is expected to open in August.
“We are very excited about the announcement of this dynamic restaurant concept,” said Stacy Short, Retail Properties of America assistant vice president and leasing director for the West region. “We are eager to host their inventive new concept, joining several new retailers such as GameWorks and RocketFizz at The Gateway.”
The opening of the new dining establishment comes in the wake of one of the shopping center's original restaurant tenants announcing its departure. Citing declining patronage, Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill announced Tuesday it would be closing its Utah location at The Gateway on Aug. 2.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands man in...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 112
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 23
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 11