MURRAY — Criminal charges were filed Wednesday against two people who allegedly took an iPhone from a 15-year-old girl and her deaf uncle at gunpoint.
Christopher Wayne Hatton, 41, and Amanda Rose Wilson, 21, who also has the nickname "Pitbull," were charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and theft, a class B misdemeanor.
On July 17, a 15-year-old girl and her uncle went to 5982 S. Stratler St. (380 West), to sell the uncle's iPhone to two people, according to charging documents. The teen translated for her uncle because he is deaf.
Once inside, Wilson asked to see the phone and then ran into a back room with it, police said. While pleading to give the phone back, Hatton pulled out a gun, pointed it at the two and said, "You guys just got jacked," according to the charges. Wilson then allegedly told the two to leave before they were shot.
Wilson was charged with felony drug possession in June and had a warrant issued for her arrest July 10 for failure to appear in court.
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 17
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 8