MURRAY — Criminal charges were filed Wednesday against two people who allegedly took an iPhone from a 15-year-old girl and her deaf uncle at gunpoint.
Christopher Wayne Hatton, 41, and Amanda Rose Wilson, 21, who also has the nickname "Pitbull," were charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and theft, a class B misdemeanor.
On July 17, a 15-year-old girl and her uncle went to 5982 S. Stratler St. (380 West), to sell the uncle's iPhone to two people, according to charging documents. The teen translated for her uncle because he is deaf.
Once inside, Wilson asked to see the phone and then ran into a back room with it, police said. While pleading to give the phone back, Hatton pulled out a gun, pointed it at the two and said, "You guys just got jacked," according to the charges. Wilson then allegedly told the two to leave before they were shot.
Wilson was charged with felony drug possession in June and had a warrant issued for her arrest July 10 for failure to appear in court.
— Pat Reavy
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 33
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21