MURRAY — Criminal charges were filed Wednesday against two people who allegedly took an iPhone from a 15-year-old girl and her deaf uncle at gunpoint.
Christopher Wayne Hatton, 41, and Amanda Rose Wilson, 21, who also has the nickname "Pitbull," were charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and theft, a class B misdemeanor.
On July 17, a 15-year-old girl and her uncle went to 5982 S. Stratler St. (380 West), to sell the uncle's iPhone to two people, according to charging documents. The teen translated for her uncle because he is deaf.
Once inside, Wilson asked to see the phone and then ran into a back room with it, police said. While pleading to give the phone back, Hatton pulled out a gun, pointed it at the two and said, "You guys just got jacked," according to the charges. Wilson then allegedly told the two to leave before they were shot.
Wilson was charged with felony drug possession in June and had a warrant issued for her arrest July 10 for failure to appear in court.
— Pat Reavy
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11