MURRAY — Criminal charges were filed Wednesday against two people who allegedly took an iPhone from a 15-year-old girl and her deaf uncle at gunpoint.
Christopher Wayne Hatton, 41, and Amanda Rose Wilson, 21, who also has the nickname "Pitbull," were charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and theft, a class B misdemeanor.
On July 17, a 15-year-old girl and her uncle went to 5982 S. Stratler St. (380 West), to sell the uncle's iPhone to two people, according to charging documents. The teen translated for her uncle because he is deaf.
Once inside, Wilson asked to see the phone and then ran into a back room with it, police said. While pleading to give the phone back, Hatton pulled out a gun, pointed it at the two and said, "You guys just got jacked," according to the charges. Wilson then allegedly told the two to leave before they were shot.
Wilson was charged with felony drug possession in June and had a warrant issued for her arrest July 10 for failure to appear in court.
— Pat Reavy
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 11
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10