USU track: Aggie track and field teams earn USTFCCCA All-Academic honors
The Utah State men's and women's track and field teams earned U.S. Track and Field and Cross-Country Coaches Association 2014 Division I All-Academic Track and Field team accolades, it was announced by the organization Wednesday.
As a team, Utah State's women's program had a 3.39 cumulative grade point average, while the men's program had a cumulative GPA of 3.32 for the 2013-14 academic year.
Utah State also had eight individual track and field student-athletes recognized by the USTFCCCA earning All-Academic honors. Representing the women's team are seniors Kylie Ross and Kaylee Hartshorn and juniors Brittany Bushman and Rachel Orr. On the men's side, senior Silas Pimentel, junior Nic Bowens, and sophomores Parker Bluth and Cole Lambourne were also recognized.
To qualify for the USTFCCCA All-Academic Track and Field Team, the student-athlete must have compiled a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 and have met either of the following athletic standards: for the indoor season, a student-athlete must have finished the regular season ranked in the national top 96 in an individual event or ranked in the national top 48 (collective listing) in a relay event on the official NCAA POP list provided by TFRRS.org; for the outdoor season, a student-athlete must have participated in any round of the NCAA Division I Championships (including preliminary rounds). For a team to qualify, it must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Morning links: National college football...
- College Football countdown No. 41: Devontae...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Team Utah advances to quarterfinals of The...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5