The Clean Cut: 'Dancing grandpa' throws down canes, wins over viewers with enthusiastic moves
They say age is only a number, and a viral video of an elderly man dancing is making a strong case for this argument.
On July 18, Edgard Eleuterio Daza uploaded a video to Facebook of a man who appears to require two canes to stroll down a sidewalk but has no need for them when it comes to the dance floor. The video shows the man holding a cane in each hand as he moves to "Rock Around the Clock," but he quickly discards them and acquires multiple partners as he struts his stuff.
The video has been featured on news sites across the country, including CNN and The Huffington Post, but the man's identity has yet to be discovered. The only text accompanying the video reads, "eternamente joven," which translates to "forever young." For now, the man is simply known as the "dancing grandpa."
Many versions of the video have been posted to YouTube, and the original version has nearly 60,000 likes and more than 900,000 shares.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family-friendly videos.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Should you tell your spouse the little white...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 28
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- Is the 'friend zone' a bad thing? 4