The Clean Cut: 'Dancing grandpa' throws down canes, wins over viewers with enthusiastic moves
They say age is only a number, and a viral video of an elderly man dancing is making a strong case for this argument.
On July 18, Edgard Eleuterio Daza uploaded a video to Facebook of a man who appears to require two canes to stroll down a sidewalk but has no need for them when it comes to the dance floor. The video shows the man holding a cane in each hand as he moves to "Rock Around the Clock," but he quickly discards them and acquires multiple partners as he struts his stuff.
The video has been featured on news sites across the country, including CNN and The Huffington Post, but the man's identity has yet to be discovered. The only text accompanying the video reads, "eternamente joven," which translates to "forever young." For now, the man is simply known as the "dancing grandpa."
Many versions of the video have been posted to YouTube, and the original version has nearly 60,000 likes and more than 900,000 shares.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family-friendly videos.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- Time for an assessment of the year in movies...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: The books that change us
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Matching 'the majesty': Tuacahn Amphitheatre...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 9
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- Where are all the good Fourth of July... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- Time for an assessment of the year in... 3
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the... 2