The Clean Cut: 'Dancing grandpa' throws down canes, wins over viewers with enthusiastic moves
They say age is only a number, and a viral video of an elderly man dancing is making a strong case for this argument.
On July 18, Edgard Eleuterio Daza uploaded a video to Facebook of a man who appears to require two canes to stroll down a sidewalk but has no need for them when it comes to the dance floor. The video shows the man holding a cane in each hand as he moves to "Rock Around the Clock," but he quickly discards them and acquires multiple partners as he struts his stuff.
The video has been featured on news sites across the country, including CNN and The Huffington Post, but the man's identity has yet to be discovered. The only text accompanying the video reads, "eternamente joven," which translates to "forever young." For now, the man is simply known as the "dancing grandpa."
Many versions of the video have been posted to YouTube, and the original version has nearly 60,000 likes and more than 900,000 shares.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family-friendly videos.
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Want your marriage to last? Have another child
- U.S. kids react — hilariously —...
- A community comes together to support a...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark chocolate...
- UTubers: Al Fox Carraway talks about...
- As Common Core results trickle in, initial...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 14
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 12
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 9
- Parents using infertility treatment to... 7
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 5
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 3