SCIPIO, Millard County — A 72-year-old Delta man was killed in a rollover accident Tuesday that also involved his wife and grandson.
Just before 5 p.m. on I-15, a 1997 extended cab pickup truck was pulling a camp trailer just south of Scipio when the trailer began to sway, causing the driver to lose control of the truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The truck went into the median, the trailer rolled onto its hood and did a complete roll, coming to rest on its wheels, according to the UHP.
John M. Doyle was ejected and killed. Patricia Doyle, 70, was also ejected and sustained critical injuries. She was walking around the scene when emergency crews arrived, according to the UHP, but was later flown by medical helicopter to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
A 5-year-old grandson who was in the back of the extended cab, Mason Doyle, also of Delta, was treated for minor cuts on his arm and head. No one was wearing a seat belt, according to the UHP.
— Pat Reavy
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9