SCIPIO, Millard County — A 72-year-old Delta man was killed in a rollover accident Tuesday that also involved his wife and grandson.
Just before 5 p.m. on I-15, a 1997 extended cab pickup truck was pulling a camp trailer just south of Scipio when the trailer began to sway, causing the driver to lose control of the truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The truck went into the median, the trailer rolled onto its hood and did a complete roll, coming to rest on its wheels, according to the UHP.
John M. Doyle was ejected and killed. Patricia Doyle, 70, was also ejected and sustained critical injuries. She was walking around the scene when emergency crews arrived, according to the UHP, but was later flown by medical helicopter to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
A 5-year-old grandson who was in the back of the extended cab, Mason Doyle, also of Delta, was treated for minor cuts on his arm and head. No one was wearing a seat belt, according to the UHP.
— Pat Reavy
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Residents of six apartments displaced in Salt...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 27
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21