SCIPIO, Millard County — A 72-year-old Delta man was killed in a rollover accident Tuesday that also involved his wife and grandson.
Just before 5 p.m. on I-15, a 1997 extended cab pickup truck was pulling a camp trailer just south of Scipio when the trailer began to sway, causing the driver to lose control of the truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The truck went into the median, the trailer rolled onto its hood and did a complete roll, coming to rest on its wheels, according to the UHP.
John M. Doyle was ejected and killed. Patricia Doyle, 70, was also ejected and sustained critical injuries. She was walking around the scene when emergency crews arrived, according to the UHP, but was later flown by medical helicopter to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
A 5-year-old grandson who was in the back of the extended cab, Mason Doyle, also of Delta, was treated for minor cuts on his arm and head. No one was wearing a seat belt, according to the UHP.
— Pat Reavy
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Granite School District reminds teachers of...
- Bingham High students walk out over... 96
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 16