SCIPIO, Millard County — A 72-year-old Delta man was killed in a rollover accident Tuesday that also involved his wife and grandson.
Just before 5 p.m. on I-15, a 1997 extended cab pickup truck was pulling a camp trailer just south of Scipio when the trailer began to sway, causing the driver to lose control of the truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The truck went into the median, the trailer rolled onto its hood and did a complete roll, coming to rest on its wheels, according to the UHP.
John M. Doyle was ejected and killed. Patricia Doyle, 70, was also ejected and sustained critical injuries. She was walking around the scene when emergency crews arrived, according to the UHP, but was later flown by medical helicopter to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
A 5-year-old grandson who was in the back of the extended cab, Mason Doyle, also of Delta, was treated for minor cuts on his arm and head. No one was wearing a seat belt, according to the UHP.
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14