SCIPIO, Millard County — A 72-year-old Delta man was killed in a rollover accident Tuesday that also involved his wife and grandson.
Just before 5 p.m. on I-15, a 1997 extended cab pickup truck was pulling a camp trailer just south of Scipio when the trailer began to sway, causing the driver to lose control of the truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The truck went into the median, the trailer rolled onto its hood and did a complete roll, coming to rest on its wheels, according to the UHP.
John M. Doyle was ejected and killed. Patricia Doyle, 70, was also ejected and sustained critical injuries. She was walking around the scene when emergency crews arrived, according to the UHP, but was later flown by medical helicopter to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
A 5-year-old grandson who was in the back of the extended cab, Mason Doyle, also of Delta, was treated for minor cuts on his arm and head. No one was wearing a seat belt, according to the UHP.
— Pat Reavy
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Utah artisan's handmade guitars gaining...
- Huntsville man with unreported history of...
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight with...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 58
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 36
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 16