BYU Athletics: 83 student-athletes garner WCC Comissioner's Honor Roll citations
With the conclusion of the 2013-14 academic year, the West Coast Conference announced the 13th annual WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes student-athletes who have balanced athletic success with academic excellence.
For the third consecutive year, more than 1,000 WCC student-athletes garnered honors on the Commissioner's Honor Roll for possessing at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. With the addition of the University of the Pacific, more than 1,200 student-athletes qualified for recognition establishing a new conference record.
BYU had 83 student-athletes who earned the academic honors. Of those, 17 made the Gold Honor Roll, 18 received Silver Honor Roll accolades and 48 were selected to the Bronze Honor Roll.
The conference recognizes those on the WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll in three separate categories: Gold Honors (4.00-3.75 GPA), Silver Honors (3.74-3.50 GPA) and Bronze Honors (3.49-3.00)
Only grades earned at WCC institutions may be used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements:
1) Individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the recently completed academic year.
2) The cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale.
3) The individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (non pass-fail hours) per term.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34