HAMILTON, New Zealand — Caroline and Lani Daniels are sisters and boxing competitors who train every day of the week — except Sunday.
According to Waikato Times, the Daniels sisters were raised members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their mother has two rules for them: They can't train on Sunday and they can't fight each other.
"Mum would rage if we ever fought against each other, and we decided early on that we would never fight each other," Caroline Daniels told the Waikato Times.
Caroline began boxing two years ago at a charity event, and Lani joined soon after.
The sisters box in different weight grades, so they don't have to fight each other, the Waikato Times reported.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Elder Holland discusses religious freedom,...
- 'My mission in 5 minutes': Sister missionary...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 106
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 17
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning... 13
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 12
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Elder Holland discusses religious... 6