HAMILTON, New Zealand — Caroline and Lani Daniels are sisters and boxing competitors who train every day of the week — except Sunday.
According to Waikato Times, the Daniels sisters were raised members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their mother has two rules for them: They can't train on Sunday and they can't fight each other.
"Mum would rage if we ever fought against each other, and we decided early on that we would never fight each other," Caroline Daniels told the Waikato Times.
Caroline began boxing two years ago at a charity event, and Lani joined soon after.
The sisters box in different weight grades, so they don't have to fight each other, the Waikato Times reported.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 23
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 7