Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Why do we love bad movies?
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 33
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 21
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 9
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- These are the new life milestones for... 4