Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 13
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Erin Stewart: Is free-range parenting... 8
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- The Clean Cut: New BMW i3 Super Bowl ad... 2
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2
- Emma Watson to star in live-action... 1