Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- The Clean Cut: New Zealand students perform...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family perform...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Living — or dying — with...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Neon Trees represent BYU, Fight the New Drug...
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout... 11
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 9
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 7
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog... 5
- Sherry Young: Steve Young and Jimmer... 3
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living... 3
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- Living — or dying —... 1