Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Top parenting ideas,...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 22
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Websites allow viewers, parents to... 1