Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom dance to...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 87
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 43
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills... 5
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4