Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- What kids crave in a relationship with a...
- The Clean Cut: 'Duck Dynasty' daughter dances...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Meet the sandwich generation caring for aging...
- Growing up in a big family may boost the...
- TV is reshaping what it means to be a... 10
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming... 7
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but... 6
- Health care system can make dying... 5
- The holy grail of community design 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- Is preschool worth the money? 2