Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds, high...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- ‘Miracle baby’ born on cruise...
- The Clean Cut: 7-year-old sings Australian...
- Payson mom releases Christmas album after...
- Sherry Young: Family's hearts are longing for...
- The Clean Cut: Girl meets her baby brother...
- What influences your opinions on... 21
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 13
- Where Wyatt Earp walks the streets:... 4
- Sherry Young: Family's hearts are... 3
- Brooding 'Mockingjay — Part 2'... 3
- Santa makes grand entrance, elaborate... 2
- 5 tips for digitizing photos 2
- Chris Hicks: After all these years,... 1