Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in the...
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- How to prevent cognitive decline related to...
- How parents can keep family screen time under...
- Maryland couple investigated again... 18
- BYU Cougarettes dance team wins... 9
- Former Ute Matt Asiata found success in... 8
- Is having children an irrational choice? 7
- The problems grandparents face when... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Where are all the teens going? 4
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3