Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 14
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2