Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old boy performs 'Do...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- The Clean Cut: Child plays peekaboo with...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Advice for couples:...
- Nonprofit intervention program in Arizona...
- Family of teenage girl with burns on 65...
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes, but...
- After having a baby, dad's brain changes too
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 18
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 8
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark... 3
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes,... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Advice for... 3
- 13-year-old keeps dad alive after he... 2