Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Five for Families: Football films worth...
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio audience'
- The Clean Cut: Chicago Blackhawks surprise...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight with the...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight... 2
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 2
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Father's... 1
- Tangy orange shrimp dish that's quickly... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Here's an unexpected way to get... 0
- The Clean Cut: People born 9 months... 0