Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- New 'Annie' feels more functional than...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new respect...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 6
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 3
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- 'Dragon Age' tops AP critics' best... 2