Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The romance of restraint
- Stress, chocolate and loneliness: How...
- Sherry Young: Can we go from snow sliding...
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved ones...
- Free marriage check-up clinic offered at...
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- The Clean Cut: Video of mom-and-baby workout...
- If Splenda gives Swiss rats cancer,... 6
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- Sherry Young: Can we go from snow... 1
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0
- Motherhood Matters: How to manage... 0
- The Clean Cut: New trailer for... 0