Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley with actor from 'Frozen'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir experienced a first at the annual Pioneer Day Concert July 18 and 19 when Santino Fontana, known for his role as Hans in "Frozen," led them in a medley that included Pharrell Williams' song "Happy."
Fontana introduced the medley, which was the concluding number, by saying that he didn't want to leave Salt Lake City on a sad note, according to the Deseret News.
"I wanted to do something that was a first for this venue. I think the choir will agree with me that this fits the bill," Fontana said.
The medley also included songs like "Sing Happy" from the Broadway show "Flora the Red Menace"; "I Want to Be Happy" from "No, No, Nanette"; "Happy Talk" from "South Pacific"; and "Get Happy" from the film "Summer Stock."
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir posted the song to YouTube July 21.
Pharell Williams' "Happy" starts at 5:02.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- West Jordan boy loses battle with leukemia,...
- David Archuleta and Lexi Walker sing 'A Whole...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Halloween costumes for...
- When parents are desensitized, what does that...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 20
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 12
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 6
- Should the rich give candy to the poor... 4
- Motherhood Matters: Do you love... 4