BYU swim: Cougar swimming and diving releases 2014-2015 schedule
BYU swim and dive head coach John Brooks released the 2014-2015 schedule Monday.
“We have a pretty balanced schedule this year,” Brooks said. “We have several key meets we are hoping to compete well at, the Texas Invite and Conference Championships. The divers will go to the Arizona Invite, and it is a big meet for them as well.”
The swim team competes in three invites throughout the season, including the Mesa State Invite in Grand Junction, Colorado, on Oct. 3 and 4. A select group goes to the Texas Invite in Austin, Texas, on Dec. 4-6, while others participate in the BYU Invite those same dates.
The dive team competes at the Mesa State invite as well as in the Arizona Diving Invite in Tucson, Arizona, on Nov. 21-22, and the Air Force Invite in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on Jan. 30 and 31.
After the Mesa State Invite, the Cougars head down to Las Vegas to take on UNLV on Nov. 8. The following week they hit the road again, this time to face off against UC Davis in Davis, California, on Nov. 15.
BYU kicks off 2015 in Tempe, Arizona, on Jan. 10, against the Arizona State Sun Devils. Oregon State then travels to Provo for a meet against the women’s swim team and the men's and women’s dive teams on Jan. 16.
The Cougars host two more meets at home in January, against Denver on Jan. 24 and on Jan. 31 against Grand Canyon.
BYU heads up to Salt Lake City on Feb. 7, for the Deseret First Duel meet against Utah. The Cougars have won four of the last six meets against the Utes.
The Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships will be held Feb. 18-21, at the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center in Los Angeles with the Zone Diving Championships taking place in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on March 9-11.
The women’s NCAA Championships are in Greensboro, North Carolina, on March 19-21, with the men's NCAA Championships taking place March 26-28, in Iowa City, Iowa.
Zach Brady is a student at BYU and current BYU swimming & diving SID. TWITTER: @Zachbrady7 EMAIL: Zachbrady7@gmail.com.
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- BYU's prolific offense undermined by poor...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball struggles...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 44
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 33
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 19
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 18